Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nutty tart Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2010, 10:24 AM
    My daughter has my surname, can I give her my new partners surname
    I have a 6yr old daughter, an am now with someone new, my daughter hasn't seen her biological dad, for nearly 2yrs, an she has heard nothing from him at all, she knows who he is' but calls my new partner daddy, we have a baby due in August, an he\she will have my partners name, can I change her surname to his, as she has my surname not the biological. Please may you help me...
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 3, 2010, 11:11 AM

You can't unless you get his permission and for that you have to go to court.

Feb 3, 2010, 01:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    You can't unless you get his permission and for that you have to go to court.
    Even if she hasn't seen him, an no one knows where is??
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 3, 2010, 01:53 PM

Yes. The courts will ask you to search for him and they will need proof and it can get very expensive.

Feb 4, 2010, 04:05 AM

All I know, is that he's in england somewhere, but why should I have to look for him' when he has made no effort what so ever, an is more interested in drugs, alcohol, an being a bully, an spendin a lot of time in prison, he has never put her first,
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 4, 2010, 04:12 AM

Its because you picked him to be the father of the child. Its because as a bio father he has rights just like you do. It takes 2 to make a child and since you picked him then that is what you are stuck with. Now since you said he has been in prison then he most likely could be on parole. He can be found. If you look through this site you will see that answer many many times.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Marriage having same surname [ 7 Answers ]

Can two people having same surname can marry each other?? :(

Change of Surname [ 1 Answers ]

On the census's my gg grandfather is recorded to have been born in Wiltshire but I can find no record of him but my grandad has always been told that there was a change of surname around the time his grandpa was born. The family is from Ireland we believe but as I don't know the original name I've...

Tenneessee won't let me give my surname to my children? [ 1 Answers ]

Here is the question my live in girlfriend for 14 year's is not divorced but leagly separated, she has lived with me the whole time we now have a five year old son and a two year old daughter the hospital would not let me give either one my surname they said by tenn. State law they had to take her...

My daughter wants to change her surname. [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter is 8 and wants to change her surname, does she have to get permission from her father, From jane

View more questions Search