Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jchall69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2010, 09:56 AM
    I have a painting signed R. Schneider anyone have any info on this artist?
    I recently purchased a painting it is signed R. Schneider in the corner. It is a pretty landscape. It is painted on a board it looks like. Does anyone know who this might be or any other information that might be helpful.
    mmorse Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2010, 07:20 PM
    I am also looking for info on this artist. I have two very nice paintings of the same barn - one in winter and one in spring. Very fine, detailed work. Also looks like it was painted on a thin masonite type board. Would appreciate any info.
    nancyajm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2010, 10:15 PM

I also have recently purchased several paintings signed by R Schneider, and I am interested in finding out something about the artist. I believe that these paintings were done mayber 30-40 years ago, but that is speculation.
    BSC0303 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2010, 07:52 AM
    I think I know who you are talking about and what paintings you are talking about. If you get this respond and we can try and get ahold of one another. This goes for those postings above as well.

Bryan
    BSC0303 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2010, 09:38 AM

I found out more info in the last few days and will post if anyone is still interested. Otherwise, good luck. :)
    nancyajm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2010, 03:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BSC0303 View Post
    I think I know who you are talking about and what paintings you are talking about. If you get this respond and we can try and get ahold of one another. This goes for those postings above as well.

Bryan
    I do not know what I am doing exactly---can you send me any info that you have on R Schneider [email protected] Thanks
    mcottle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2010, 10:20 AM
    Did anyone find anything about R. Schneider? I also have some paintings of his done in the 1950's. There is a R. Schneider artist who sells in his gallery but it is not the same person. Any inof would be helpful. Thanks, Martin
    charlo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2010, 07:33 PM
    I have just purchased a painting signed P.Schneider, Winter Wonderland. Any Info? [email protected]
    coadvisor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2011, 02:32 PM
    Your paintins on masonite signed R. Schneider are from near and on Hahn Air Base, in the Hunsuruck area of Germany. He was consigned by buyers to creat a series of paintings, usually in sets of four, depicting the same scene in the four seasons. I know that the Hahn Officer's Wives Club would periodically engage him for a fund raising event where clients would sit with him personally and request paintings be done exactly to their hearts desire. My wife and I wanted different scenes in the four seasons to which he was excited to produce. We own a set of four: (Fall) Frankenstein's Castle, (Winter) Oberamergau, Bavaria, (Spring) German Alps, (Summer) Brooke in Idar Oberstein. Our concern was why on a board and not on canvas? His personal answer was, "You will ship it back to your homes in the States. The canvas is nice but it tends to be damaged. The boards are better in moving". With that answer we consigned four beautiful paintings and have had them up in every house since we got them in 1982. Which, by the way, was the second best year for white wine in Europe after 1976! Enjoy.
    mmorse Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2011, 10:42 AM
    Thanks so much for the information! I bought my paintings at a moving sale and the seller was selling them for a neighbor and only knew that they had come from Germany. Do you have any idea of the value of Schneider's paintings?
    jendesouza Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2011, 09:24 PM
    Comment on mmorse's post
    I have some of his art I have not found anything on him of how much it is worth
    dlyecy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2011, 10:10 PM
    Hello fellow art lovers. While I was stationed at Bitburg Air Base from 1970 to 1974 I sold many paintings by R Scheider all of which was painted on micah board and he usually only painted scenes in the Eifel Mountain area of Germany. I believe he lived in a small village very close to Hahn Air Force Base. At one time I had 30 to 35 of his paintings. I never met Mr. Schneider but the art distributor I got my paintings from told me a story about an art gallery in New York that specialized in his work and sold his paintings for $500.00 each with out a frame, this was mid 1971. At the time I sold his paintings the going rate was $60.00 to $75.00 a couple of his paintings brought $100.00, but almost all of my customers were GIs stationed at Bitburg, Spandahlem,and Hahn Air Base and the surrounding army batterys. About 60% of his work was winter scenes.
    As far as I know Mr. Schneider painted from the late 50's or early 60's until the early or mid 80's
    kharol Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2011, 01:18 PM
    My parents have 4 landscape paintings as well. We love them and are wondering what they are worth. Should we insure them? Since they are on board they have remained in great condition-they bought them over 40 years ago.
    mrsk9sp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2012, 08:38 AM
    The artist maybe Rudy Schneider. He was popular with military assigned in the Rhein Main AFB area. My parents have 15-20 of his paintings hanging in their house.
    mrsk9sp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2012, 07:53 PM
    He did paint requests for my parents, one includes an Antebellum home in Natchez MS. One was a variation of wild mustangs on a hill that he did often.
    alfromcal01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2012, 04:12 PM
    I also got my painting in german in 1969 ,but that is all I know.Would like to fine out more about him & also would like to know the value of it
    beltie550 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2012, 06:10 AM
    I too just purchased a painting called Winter Wonderland by P. Schneider. I paid $8.00 for it at a flea market. I was curious if you ever found out any info on the artist.
    richardwa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2013, 01:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dlyecy View Post
    Hello fellow art lovers. While I was stationed at Bitburg Air Base from 1970 to 1974 I sold many paintings by R Scheider all of which was painted on micah board and he usually only painted scenes in the Eifel Mountain area of Germany. I believe he lived in a small village very close to Hahn Air Force Base. At one time I had 30 to 35 of his paintings. I never met Mr. Schneider but the art distributor I got my paintings from told me a story about an art gallery in New York that specialized in his work and sold his paintings for $500.00 each with out a frame, this was mid 1971. At the time I sold his paintings the going rate was $60.00 to $75.00 a couple of his paintings brought $100.00, but almost all of my customers were GIs stationed at Bitburg, Spandahlem,and Hahn Air Base and the surrounding army batterys. About 60% of his work was winter scenes.
    As far as I know Mr. Schneider painted from the late 50's or early 60's until the early or mid 80's
    Hi, I think I have his painting dated 1980 eith the title Embryo III. Do you know how worth it is?
    Jewels1106 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2013, 11:31 AM
    Hello, we have an oil painting on the thin masonite type board signed R. Schneider. You seem to know a lot about this artist. Is there any more information we can find out about worth of this painting?
    Thank you for your help
    smsmith1972 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2015, 06:10 PM
    Just adding to the conversation. My parents had purchased a painting by R. Schneider back in 1972, while stationed at Hahn AB, Germany. The back of the picture, which happens to be a still-life (bowl with fruit, wine glass and flask). The cost then was 65 DM ($16.25, 4 DM to the dollar then). Would like to get it appraised for insurance purposes any suggestions on who we could contact?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Oil painting signed by Luini [ 2 Answers ]

I have an oil painting on canvas of a sailboat & dingy tied to a dock next to a fishermans shack. It is a signed painting with the name Luini. Can anyone tell me more about this artist, where he/she is from, the value. Aprox size of canvas size is 30x20. Frame is thick and multilayered wood. It was...

I have a painting signed J O'Connor, is it worth anything? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a painting of a landscape, sunset, mountains and an inlet with two small sailing boats on the water. It is signed J O'Connor, but has no date. Anyone know anything about it?

Need to know who signed this painting? [ 3 Answers ]

My husband got this painting from his father in 2000. His father bought it at an estate sale around 1985. All I know is that it is oil painting and it is on canvas and the signature start with the letter R. The painting is a 60x48. It was in a wood frame at one time and it also has a number on...

View more questions Search