Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Daniel Forbes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2006, 04:35 AM
    Small business
    I am currently 17 years old... I am toying with the idea of starting a card business... I will begin as a sole trader... but hopefully develop into a larger force opening stores around scotland by 2010... will I survive in such a market... and is it wise taking such a risk at a critical stage of my development.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2006, 04:40 AM
    Good for you! Most of the entrepreneurs of the world started young just like you.

Just a thought: Lessen your risk by starting it "on the side"; while working a job - even part time - that has regular pay. A business like that can easily be started - and done well - via a website to start with... rather than jumping into renting storefront space right away.
    deepknights Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2006, 03:11 PM
    Good for you, try to keep your out going as low as you can, look at the kind of cards you are doing, see if there is a high demand,try to put some in local shops, around where you live,see what the out come is, good luck
    chioma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2006, 12:11 PM
    You can Accomplish in any thing as long as you work hard, focus, and really want to do it. A lot people get into the hardest market and still succeed because that'
    Nationof4 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2007, 10:06 AM
    My friends son did something similar to this at a young age. One thing he did that surprised me. He contacted lawyers. After a few dozen he found one that would listen. He told them his plan. They lawyer was so impressed he was willing to work for free. The lawyer helped him negotiate with a trade show group and negotiated a free spot in at the show. The Kid was good enough to sell the lawyer some cards.

Currently the lawyer is considered a major collector and my this young guy has one kiosk in a Mall and has works on consignment at over a dozen stores.

It is always great to work with young people. Keep in mind there is one way to insure you will NEVER FAIL. Never try. I think your way is much better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need advice [ 7 Answers ]

I have about $1000-$2000 to start, a partner to help with paint experience but I have never started a business and need to know the basics. Do I need a license? How do I get started in finding customers? What else do I need that I might not be thinking of? If I could get some help, I would...

What I need to register a business and where do I go [ 2 Answers ]

Where would I go to find out what I need as far as Tax Id numbers, if the business name I am wanting to use is available and how do I register my business.

Starting my own small business [ 17 Answers ]

I am trying to start my own lawn business and I've already have some business cards put out on mailboxes ext. and flyers.now my question is how long do I have to wait before someone calls it been 3 weeks now.

How do you get unsecured lines of business credit [ 3 Answers ]

Is it possible to start a new entity and obtain unsecured lines of business credit using strictly the entity to sign for the loan. If so, please detail how and what are the best lending institutions to work with. Thanks

View more questions Search