Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shabby82 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2010, 03:46 AM
    10 columns work sheet using peach tree accounting software
    How to prepare a ten columns work sheet using peach tree accounting software
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2010, 11:17 PM

I'm not familiar with the newest versions, but the older versions, both Windows and DOS, never did 10 column worksheets. Probably cause accountants never really use those things, or at least not the way books show you. (A 10-column columnar pad just has 10 blank columns that you can use for whatever serves your purpose.)

It's not necessary to have 10 columns - the software is going to do the statements for you. It does have a thing called (I believe) a "working trial balance" which has 3 sets of columns, double-spaced to allow working room, where you can scribble in adjusting entries. In real life we don't enter adjusting entries on worksheets in the software - that's done either manually or you can use Excel if you like. In other words, we work things out off to the side, and then we make normal journal entries for the adjustments once we have them worked out. In reality, they can be done in sets, re-run the trial balance to see where things stand, make more entries, etc.

If you're doing this for real life, you'll have to learn to stop taking textbooks so literally. If this is expected for homework, them, well, Peachtree just doesn't do it so I don't know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No peaches on peach tree [ 7 Answers ]

I planted a peach tree about 5 years ago and it is growing very well. Has a nice shape and looks like a real healthy tree but I still have not gotten a single peach off it. What is wrong?

Peach Tree Froth [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I have a peach tree three years in yard. This year flowered very little and never got buds. Red nodules on leaves, leaves are curling, mostly end third and...

Accounting work sheet [ 2 Answers ]

I am having a problem balancing my debits and credits on my work sheet. What is the best way to solve this?

The accounting work sheet [ 1 Answers ]

Does income summary go on the income statement or the balance sheet

View more questions Search