Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BuddBarb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2010, 11:07 PM
    Church Loans to Individuals
    Would a church come under review if it loaned money to an individual who executed a term note at a market rate of interest and secured the note with a deed of trust on real estate?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2010, 11:17 PM
    Hi, BuddBarb!

Are you asking about if a church would loan money to an individual for the individual to make some sort of profit by the money that had been loaned to them?

Thanks!
    BuddBarb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2010, 11:39 PM
    The church would loan money to the individual. The loan would earn interest at the rate customary for real estate loans and the note would be secured by real estate. There is connectivity between the loan and the individual leaving the real estate to the church in his will.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grants to individuals [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a section of the 501(c)3 regs that specifically details how non-profits can make grants to individuals rather than other 501(c)3 organizations?

Processing grants for individuals or institutions [ 3 Answers ]

How come grant processing take so long in order for someone to receive the funds from the grant foundations.

Not a member of a church but want to be married in church [ 8 Answers ]

Neither my fiancé or myself are members of a church, however we want to be married in a church. We live in Whitehall, PA and are wondering if anyone knows of a church that would marry us without having to join.

Online Dating-Interested in two individuals [ 4 Answers ]

I narrowed my interest down to two men from an on-line dating service. One in IL and one in OH. Through e-mails and conversations I found out that they are friends. What are the chances of this happening?? I wrote both of them in one e-mail and explained our situation. I talk to the OH man on...

View more questions Search