Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    quinny85 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2010, 05:44 PM
    I made the silly common mistake of...
    Threads merged.

Please keep all questions regarding the same issue in the same thread.

My boyfriend and I have just split. I have made the common, silly mistake of textin constantly. Don't get me wrong he replies and has tried to call me a couple of times but I know I'm making him angry and pushing him further away an ruinin any chance of getting him back. It's not like we fell out of love, we still love each other very deeply, we had a daft argument and while he apologised, I was too stubborn and didn't. Could kick myself now, my question is, how long do I give him with no contact and what, apart from that, should be my next step? Thanks x
    CarrotTalker Posts: 392, Reputation: 189

Feb 2, 2010, 06:27 PM

Why did you guys breakup? (aka what was the disagreement?_
    Who initiated the breakup?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 2, 2010, 07:12 PM

No contact is to get over them, you go on and find someone new and limit your phone usage
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Feb 2, 2010, 07:17 PM

In my opinion since you still clearly have open commuinication, you apologize if you are sorry. Then you give him some space and see if he contacts you again. If not you leave well enough alone and move on. No one can tell you how long to take, he will either come back or you will be ready to move on. However, if his request is NC, grant that wish and apologize and leave him be.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 3, 2010, 11:41 AM

Apologise and see if he wants to try again. If not... its over, walk away.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2010, 11:45 AM

If he wants you to come and get your things I think he is quite serious about the split.

It seems his feelings have changed and going no contact should be what you do to heal from the breakup.
    It's not a tool to get someone back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I think I made a mistake [ 6 Answers ]

Hello -Sorry this might be kind of long- There's this guy that I met online that goes to my school and we became friends and we have a lot in common but he's really into studying like he doesn't think about relationships or anything like that... we met at school once because I had a quiz and he...

Have I made a mistake? [ 3 Answers ]

I just broke up with my boyfriend 2 days ago and I feel like I made a mistake, I finished with him because for about two weeks I haven't been able to speak to him, I text him an all he does is ignore me. The night we broke up he said the reason I haven't been able to get through to him is because...

Made a mistake [ 1 Answers ]

She is going to turn 16 this January. But like I have said I have been dating her for almost 2 years now, and we are only 2 1/2 years apart in age.

Does she think she made a mistake? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi guys, On my recent post ui explained that I got finished by my girlfriend of a year and that we had a great relationship. I wanted her back and we were getting on really well and then all of a sudden she said she liked someone else. I was gutted and thought that id compete and try to get her...

Has she made a mistake [ 1 Answers ]

My girl friend of 4 years left me 3 months ago when wee were 2 getha none of us had much friends now her best friend is back on the scene and that's when she dumped me now my ex has a new boy friend and she has her own house so I think there going to move well I know it 2 make matters worse wee...

View more questions Search