Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2010, 05:30 PM
    This makes me sick.

Meet Willie... he's coming to the rescue tomorrow. He was found wandering the streets of Montrose, Co. with an injury. His injury was a bullet that appears to have grazed his head. Someone shot at this dog with the intention of killing him. Fortunately, the bullet did just skid across his head, leaving that horrible mark on his head. The shelter did very Min. vet work... Not sure if we'll be able to do much more than give antibiotics and keep the wound clean...

Ugh... it never stops... And its always those who can't speak that suffer.:mad::(
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Feb 2, 2010, 06:46 PM

That is terible! I just don't get these people who do things like this. Like why own an animal if you so obviously hate them??
    I hope he gets better and finds a forever home!
    Looks like a gorgeous dog, winermeriner? Spelling??
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2010, 06:48 PM

Oh my gosh, he's such a beautiful dog, how could anyone dream of hurting him!
    I'm glad he's in safe hands now and he finds the home he deserves!
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Feb 2, 2010, 06:57 PM

What a shame. He's a beautiful boy. Thank you to all the workers of shelters that do all the wonderful work for the animals. I too hope he finds his forever home
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2010, 07:48 PM

Can I keep him?
    He is A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 3, 2010, 11:37 AM

He's so beautiful. Stories like this always make me cry. Look at that face, you can see his pure hearted soul shining through. That anyone could take a shot at another living thing, it's unthinkable!

I'd take him in a heartbeat but I think my husband would send me to a shelter. ;)
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2010, 12:21 PM
    Such a beautiful pup:) Other than being shot he looks very healthy.

That's disgusting what happened to him:(
    How does a bullet skim like that without going in?:confused:
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Feb 3, 2010, 12:27 PM

Poor, boy. (Don't tell Cats, but I want the pup, too. :) )

The physical damage looks like it will heal if he doesn't rip out his stitches or get an infection. I am concerned about the emotional and mental scars that will be left behind. I hope his 'people' are ready to deal with him over-reacting to loud noises like fireworks, thunder, cars backfiring, etc.
    Dogs Expert

Feb 3, 2010, 12:35 PM

I'd still love to know what the breed (s) are! :)
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Feb 3, 2010, 12:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    I'd still love to know what the breed (s) are! :)
    Looks like a lot chocolate lab in him. I would hesitate to say purebred, but he looks close.
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2010, 03:41 PM

Hes a purebred German Shorthaired Pointer... They come in solid liver (brown). Hes a big boy... very friendly with people and other dogs. Got him in today... Rode beautifully in the car... His head almost looks healed... Theres a spot on the top of the head that is till open. He didn't get any stitches... We'll continue to give him antibiotics to keep infection out until the wound completely scabs over.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2010, 03:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky098 View Post
    Hes a purebred German Shorthaired Pointer... They come in solid liver (brown). Hes a big boy...very friendly with people and other dogs. Got him in today...Rode beautifully in the car... His head almost looks healed...Theres a spot on the top of the head that is till open. He didnt get any stitches... We'll continue to give him antibiotics to keep infection out until the wound completely scabs over.
    If he didn't get any stitches, what is that on his head that looks like someone tried to stitch him up:confused:
    Dogs Expert

Feb 3, 2010, 04:33 PM

I was think pointer?
    Dogs Expert

Feb 3, 2010, 04:34 PM
    Oops sorry, just saw that there was a 2nd page.
    It's been a long week!
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2010, 04:35 PM

I was waiting for you to correct yourself :D hehe
    Dogs Expert

Feb 3, 2010, 04:36 PM

Shh no one ready lucky's above post... Ok now Lucky you tell them that she is a pointer :P
    krissyg2991 Posts: 142, Reputation: 11

Feb 3, 2010, 09:00 PM

I work at a veterinary clinic as a technician. The other day we had a similar story. A local rescue group brought in a cat with a broken jaw. We took radiographs of the jaw to examine the fracture. Not only were both sides of the lower jaw fractured but there was also a bullet in the cats head.
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2010, 10:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    Not only were both sides of the lower jaw fractured but there was also a bullet in the cats head.
    Yikes that's horrible!! People can be so cruel. And the thing that kills me the most, is that they don't stop with being mean to animals... They're just as mean to people...

If he didn't get any stitches, what is that on his head that looks like someone tried to stitch him up
    It does look like he got worked on.. I thought staples... My mom talked to the shelter, and they said that they didn't do anything for him really. They kept the wound clean. I guess there was a debate at the shelter on if this was a bullet wound or not. From what the volunteer told me today, a vet diagnosed that it was a bullet wound. He looks real good now. I'm assuming they kept him on a 2 week stray hold... That picture was taken the day the shelter found him. I'll post a new one of him ASAP! For all the trauma... He's extremely friendly!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 3, 2010, 11:02 PM

It almost looks like a knife wound. I'm having a hard time figuring out how a bullet would follow the curve of his nose to his forehead without penetrating.

Either way, I'm glad he's okay and in good hands. He really is a beauty and my husband really would kill me if I even mentioned getting him. How big is he? Maybe I could sneak him in, make hubby think he's been here the whole time. ;)
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2010, 11:12 PM

That picture the shelter sent us really looks bad. I'm curious how deep the wound actually was and what actually caused it. Bullet wounds can be strange... I know they can graze humans a lot... If only dogs could talk, right?

He's actually a big boy! Probably 55-60lbs... Of course not neutered. Hes got good weight on him... he's not very thin at all. He does have sores all over his body from what I guess is from laying on hard surfaces.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My 1yr old puppy is sick, vomiting.not worms, sick only in morning. [ 5 Answers ]

Hello:) I am new here.. My 1yr old pup, Gracie, is a house dog, she is 1/2 Pomeranian & 1/2 Min. Doberman. For the last few days she has been vomiting in the morning, that is the only time she does. We are very careful what she eats & as we live in town, she stays indoor.. even to void. She is...

I have a fried who swears he makes 250K. How do I find out how much he really makes? [ 12 Answers ]

:D I have a friend who swears he makes 250K. How do I find out how much he really makes?

My boyfriend never makes the first move and makes a lot of excuses about sex [ 14 Answers ]

Well I am a recovered sex addict and I have some emotional issues as well but sex if very important to me and my boyfriend and me never have sex anymore I don't remember the last time we even were intimate sometimes if I start touching on him he will normally just jerk off to finish and its so...

Love or lust makes me sick [ 7 Answers ]

Love/lust makes me feel sick in my stomach. odd feeling, Is it normal though? :confused: hElp

View more questions Search