Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2010, 07:54 AM

First of all, and I may make some women on here mad.

Welcome to the life of a guy dating a girl. My fiancé constantly complains about her weight(and she's not fat, not even close) I tell her that she isn't fat, she always disagrees. So when she complains about her looks, I usually stay quiet now, except I did come up with a list of work outs she could do to "tone" up as she requested. But ONLY do this if she asks for help, if you do it out of the kindness of your heart, she will think you are calling her fat
    sledneckdan Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2010, 08:37 PM
    Why does my girlfriend not seem as happy and pleased to see me as usual?
    Everything seems fine between us. Just the last little bit, a day here and there seems like she isn't all into me. When something doesn't seem right, ill ask her wats wrong or are you upset. And she will say, nothings wrong, I'm fine. I don't know..
    emopunk7 Posts: 1,052, Reputation: 161
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2010, 10:08 PM

Keep distant and don't become too clingy or needy. You must do your own thing a bit and allow her to look for you. It's your best bet. Also, don't allow her to be your only source of happiness. This is your time to be cautious and do your thing to see if she comes around to her senses. Good luck.
    kowcow44 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2010, 10:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by emopunk7 View Post
    Keep distant and don't become too clingy or needy. You must do your own thing a bit and allow her to look for you. It's your best bet. Also, don't allow her to be your only source of happiness. This is your time to be cautious and do your thing to see if she comes around to her senses. Good luck.
    No I think this emopunk is pretty much right here you can expect her to jump up and down every time she sees you I think this is good advice
    Showme_urmove Posts: 319, Reputation: 101

Apr 5, 2010, 11:11 PM

Like what emopunk said, keep your distance. Don't be clingy and let her call you instead of you calling her all the time. Like what people here says, "the less you do, the more you gain."
    Larken85 Posts: 696, Reputation: 146

Apr 6, 2010, 02:00 AM

Hmmm I don't know. Your girlfriend sounds like she is getting depressed to me. That was the first signs I started showing. But they are right in this case, especially if she is getting depressed.
    You stop paying attention and she will come back with some quickness because she is lonely.
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2010, 02:33 AM

Since I don't know either of you...

Do you guys spend a LOT of time together?

How often do you see each other?

How long have you been together?

Thanks!

Roxy
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2010, 02:58 AM

I think you relax and stop overanalyzing things.

And give each other space,you don't have to live in each others pockets.
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2010, 05:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by amicon View Post
    I think you relax and stop overanalyzing things.

And give each other space,you dont have to live in each others pockets.
    Coldn't rep: but I totally agree, it seems very clingy and needy and... well over analyzed. So well said!

I get the feeling that you guys might spend a little too much time together AND that yo overanalyze. Give each other some room to breathe in the midst of it all... you won't regret that

Secondly, just because she isn't OVERTLY exciteded whenever you see each other its not necessarally a sign that something's wrong... she's alloed to have bad day... Like the rest of us.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2010, 11:33 AM

A day here and there and you're so worried you're posting here? I don't want to discourage you from coming here for help. But come on. If you're going to worry this much over such tiny things all the time, this relationship is doomed. Maybe she's pms'ing and doesn't want to tell you all about how bloated and uncomfortable she is. Maybe its not pms but its still her hormones. Or maybe she's just stressed and preoccupied with school or work and she doesn't want to talk to you about it. Really, your post makes you seem pretty self centered. Just because she is dating you doesn't mean she has to be obsessed with you. You need to start worrying when its for an extended period or there's more days when she's not into you than when she is into you. A day here or there is not something to worry about.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 6, 2010, 12:37 PM

She broke up in January with her boyfriend, and you have jumped on her a month later. She has told you repeatedly she wasn't ready, but a few weeks later you have a title.

Come on guy, maybe you have known her as friends before, but getting along as romantic partners requires a deeper, more intimate knowledge of your partner, and you are trying to rush through the dating and getting to know each other part of the process. That's your problem, you in such a hurry that you don't know her well enough to deal with her moods, or very well. You better slow down, relax, and have fun paying attention, so you can figure out who your g/f is.

I highly suggest that you have other things to do besides her, and stop taking what she does so personally, as she may just have other things on her mind besides YOU! All this extra worrying will only distract your attention away from learning more about her, or accepting who she is besides that image you have of how she should be acting toward YOU.

Your still learning so pay attention, as its not always about you. Reread this post, and see the picture you have painted after your threads were merged. See the problem?

Let me illuminate it for you, she hasn't had the proper healing time between guys. Your being "such a help" with her getting over the ex, only because you wanted to be next, and now you are, so relax and enjoy it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Boyfriends work is ruining our Relationship and there is no time for love anymore. [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I am together with my boyfriend for a year. We live together since we met and have close life together. He started his own Company and is under a lot of pressure. But we loose our Relationship - I work 40 hours a week every morning at 5.00 so there is not a lot of time in the week to do...

Student dependent visa UK, Full time or Part time work? [ 26 Answers ]

I have student visa of UK and I study in university. My wife recently came in London. She has student dependent visa. She doesn't study. Can she work full time? How many hours she can work? Thank you

The Relationship Between Time Elapsed and Time Passed [ 4 Answers ]

Can someone please help me with this science project? I am only in the 7th Grade, and I really need help.

Live in NY, work 1/2 time in NY and 1/2 time in NJ.confused! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! Thanks, in advance, for helping! I just moved. I now live in ny, but my office is in nj. I work from my ny home 1/2 times and spend the other 1/2 time in nj. Questions: 1. what state taxes will I pay? I suspect nj AND ny. Ny has a form for 'non-resident who performs services...

View more questions Search