Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PABewildered Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2010, 03:19 PM
    DSC832 security system
    Before changing the battery on the DSC832 (PC5010), the keypads and motion sensors were all lit. They went dark as soon as the old--and very weak--battery was disconnected. After the new fully charged battery was connected, no power returned to the system--the keypads and motion sensors remain dark. How should this be troubleshot? Unfortunately, the main current breaker switch was not turned off before the old battery was removed; but neither was it tripped afterwards and the transformer is still getting power.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2010, 06:40 AM

Try turning off power to the receptacle that powers the transformer, Disconnect battery and reconnect, Verify Battery Polarity was/is connected correctly. Reconnect AC power to transformer.
    If still blank, verify AC is Present to AC input terminals.
    You WILL get a Trouble light, telling you to reset the clock.
    *2 shows troubles.
    PABewildered Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2010, 02:23 PM

Thank you, Stratmando. I'll try that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Security System [ 13 Answers ]

Hello! When I move I was thinking about getting a home security system. Does anyone know where the cheapest place to call would be to get it and how much it usually cost a month? I would be moving into a one bedroom apartment if that helps at all. Thanks!

Best security system [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for a good quality security system that I can install myself.I don't want to waste money on junk.Do you have any recommendations?

Downloading Security On A New System [ 3 Answers ]

I have recently purchased new gateway computer. It came loaded with McAfee internet security and Mcafee spyware. It also came with Nortin internet security 2005, webroot spy sweeper, webroot window washer, pre-empt and ghost surf 2005. When I tried to load these in I had an internet connection...

Removing old security system [ 2 Answers ]

I just moved into a house with a malfunctioning security system that I'd like to have taken out. I can't get in touch with the company that installed it, and the electricians I call say they won't touch it. What type of contractor would handle something like this? Thanks, Radley

View more questions Search