Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clayton Huff Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2010, 03:02 PM
    2005 ford f250 starting problems
    We thought the battery was dead and charged it up and tried to start it and it would not start. It is a 2005 F250 Diesel. It has Glow Plugs that would tick when the key turned over. We changed the fuel filters, Glow Plug box, and the ignition. None of these worked. Any ideas?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2010, 06:12 PM

This link may help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1415281
    kdhetherly Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2010, 08:45 AM

Just had similar problem. The high pressure fuel pump connector fell apart. They have a re-fit kit and it is covered under the 100k power train warranty.
    todd2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2011, 09:33 PM
    If u still have this problem first does the engine turn over but doesn't start. Then it might b your secondary oil pump

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2007 ford f250 diesel engine problems [ 2 Answers ]

I traded my 99 f-250 7.3 diesel in for a 2007 f250 6.0. According to my cousin that work in the oil fields, I made a big mistake. The 7.3 is much sought after and I could have gotten more money out of it. Too late. The 2007 had 54k miles on it and the first morning, the cold start was terrible. It...

2007 Ford F250 Powerstroke Starting Problems [ 5 Answers ]

We just had our fuel filters changed on our 2007 Ford F250 Powerstroke. Since then twice it would start, but not stay started. I used the "heet" diesel drier in the tank, and it started up for me two days ago. Then today (on the same tank of gas) it did the same thing a couple times. Then about...

Ford f250 diesel problems [ 5 Answers ]

I just bought a 2006 ford f250 6.0 turbo diesel. Runs great but recently won't start. I changed the filters and they were nasty, they were past due. I think the rale pump has gone bad not sure, I seem to keep loseing pressure from the top. Or should I say the fuel leaks down. Could poor...

Ford f250 problems [ 2 Answers ]

Why would the rear diferential grind and jump when turning under heavy four wheel drive load, but run smooth under all other conditions? 1995 f250 power stroke.

86 ford f250 diesel problems [ 1 Answers ]

My 86 diesel will idle ruff and die when I slow down. I think I ran it low on oil once. How do I fix this problem.

View more questions Search