Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paulbyname Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2010, 02:11 PM
    Another heartbroken bloke.
    Right,I'm going to explain the situation from start to finish:
    2007 I got with my ex,and it was great both had never felt as good,in 2008 I got a little scared of commitment and finished it.8 months (and a couple of major mistakes)later,we got back together.
    This lasted about 8 months but I got insecure in december(I'd been out of a job for a year,weren't feeling too good about myself) and finished it,it was impulse I never even thought the situation through... it seems to be a problem I have BUT she knows that,all she needed to do is sit me down and say 'look,your being stupid lets talk this over',but she didn't,she just gave up from the start,no fight at all...
    I then spent the next 6 weeks trying to make her see it was a mistake,getting a bit desperat at times.she knows I want her back,2 weeks ago I asked her out for a drink,her words were 'yeah,but it'll have to be one day next week',but its been 2 weeks and still nothing.
    Because technically she should be letting me know about meeting should I just wait it out and see if she texts,let her control the situation or drop another text sometime soon to say the offers still open?
    I know I'm going to be told just move on,and I am in the process,2 weeks no contact(ouch!! ) and I've got over projects on the go/comin up,but I don't want us missing out on a good thing through her stubbornness?she's the most stubborn person ever so that makes things ten times as difficult.
    To give you peeps a rough picture of her,she's stubborn,not really self confident,has no true friends and only 3 or 4 mates,who all let her down too.
    mistyjane Posts: 271, Reputation: 59

Feb 2, 2010, 03:17 PM

Ok so you ended the relation because you were feeling bad cause you had no job.She was by your side and you ended up for this I don't think this is been stubborn I think she just protects herself. No one deserve to be dumped like that.Idon't know if she will come back but be aware she may not want you anymore cause you didn't treat who like she needed to.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2010, 03:36 PM
    You were together you got insecure and left.. you get back together,you get insecure and left...

And let me get this straight,its her fault for not holding your hand and saying its OK baby...

And now you want yet another chance.

Your track record with this girl would indicate that there is a high chance you will get insecure again.

And to top it off at the end of your post you say she has no confidence no friends and stubborn... but I'm guessing she's smart enough to know when to cut her losses.

Let her go and move on.

Breakups are hard,there are stickies in the relationship forum that will be of benefit to you,and I suggest you also take time to think about your part in the breakup of the relationship,and perhaps take some time to mature and not get into another serious relationship until you are actually ready for a commitment.
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Feb 2, 2010, 03:44 PM

I actually don't think you want her. I think you are bored. It's not OK to use people as your toys and play with their emotions. What you are doing to her is far worse than abuse. You are the one with no confidence. It's over.. don't get nasty now. That's just not a good look.
    Furthermore... 2 weeks (ouch) PLEASE. You have to know that every time you break up with her you are suggesting a life time of no contact. What are you thinking? "she just gave up from the start,no fight at all... " REALLY? You don't think the first time she got back with you she wasn't fighting for the relationship? She most likely will not meet with you because she doesn't trust you.
    If you care anything about her, anything at all you will walk away and leave her alone.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2010, 12:10 AM
    She's stubborn because she doesn't want to come running to you when you decide you want her back?

You keep breaking up with her and she is protecting her heart by not buying into that anymore.

Reality check,if you can't communicate in a relationship and keep breaking up at the drop of a hat,don't be surprised if they don't want to stick around for the next breakup.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2010, 06:09 AM

She shouldn't have to fight for a relationship you keep ending. Her heart isn't a yo-yo and that's how you make it seem. So now, she's out to protect herself like she should. You are emotionally immature to keep making these rash decisions so quickly. You need to examine your own life before you can think you can make a relationship work.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 3, 2010, 09:40 AM

Who in their right mind gets dumped not once but twice, and comes back for a third time. That's not being stubborn, that's being smart.

Move on friend, and get your impulsive, immature act together. Leave her alone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

For those who are heartbroken. [ 23 Answers ]

A lot of us browsing through these pages are probably facing heartbreak, I know I was when I first stumbled onto these pages. I just want to show my appreciation for those caring enough to reply to my threads and help me become who I am today.If your willing to read, I'm going to tell you my...

Finding out he has been with a bloke! [ 6 Answers ]

I've just found out my partner was seeing a bloke for 4years and was still with him until 4months before I had my son. How do I deal with this and does it mean he is never going to change.

Heartbroken [ 7 Answers ]

I don't know what to do. My Partner ( we are a females same sex couple) still lives at home, sleeping in the same bed together, but wants to separate after 18 years. She has gone to a Solicitor and he advised her to seek Mediation, as we can't agree what do to next. Both of us don't want to sell...

Heartbroken [ 2 Answers ]

I am using this forum because I am in a really desperate place. My (ex)boyfriend Bryan and I have been very close, and been together for about 2 and a half years. Im 20, he's 22. So, things between us have generally been amazing. Very much in love, very happy with one another. He was my other...

Dilema for Bi-bloke [ 16 Answers ]

Where to start... Well, I am (a young!) 50 years old, and I have always known that I am Bi-sexual and have had far more experiences with lads than with girls (but I've never gone more that masturbating/oral) - I have never come out - and am very masculine etc and nobody suspects. I have many...

View more questions Search