Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ttleas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2006, 08:39 PM
    His children over me?
    I need help because when we are on the phone, if one of his children calls... its an immediate hangup... Give me advise for felling so down on his list.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2006, 09:01 PM
    How old are his children? How often does he see or talk with them? My guess is, not very often so he makes them a top priority when they do call. That doesn't mean you don't rate or are unimportant. Given the circumstances, I'd cut him some slack in this area, at least for right now. Don't be too upset or bothered by the fact that he ends a conversation with you in order to take a call from one of his kids. After all, if it was your kids calling, what would you do? Probably the same thing, I bet. Now if he does it when anybody calls, then you may have a problem that'll need to be addressed.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2006, 09:06 PM
    Rule #1: Don't ever... ever, ever, ever, EVER... expect to be a higher priority than someone's children.

Don't feel bad for being the next in line. That is as high as you can ever be. Don't ever make someone choose between their children and you... you will undoubtedly lose... and if you don't lose... well, I wouldn't want someone that chose me over their own children.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2006, 01:56 AM
    Oh how I agree Dr.

Instead of feeling you have been placed lower on his list, try and look at it through different eyes. What a great man who has such love for his children. That is a man you want in your life and is something to respect and admire.

I would be more than concerened and a bit put off by a man who did not give his heart to his children.

You may have a very good one there, try and look at it through different eyes.

Do not put yourself in a position that you compete with his children. Your relationship with him is on an entirely different level.
    Sentra Posts: 385, Reputation: 55

Nov 22, 2006, 05:49 AM
    You aren't falling down the list. You are ON the list. The children may come first, but he doesn't love you any less. If he didn't love you, he wouldn't be with you, so no worries.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Nov 22, 2006, 07:09 AM
    If love is a competition, it ceased being love somewhere in the mix.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 22, 2006, 08:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ttleas
    I need help because when we are on the phone, if one of his children calls... its an immediate hangup... Give me advise for felling so down on his list.
    That's the way it is supposed to be. You must not have kids right?
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2006, 10:06 AM
    YEP!! Children come first - that's pretty selfish on your part. You might want to re-think that. His kids and even his work/company may coem before you.

SOrry to say - in a healthy relationship you should never come first - his world should NOT revolve around you - if you feel that way you will only have heartache and sorrow.

HIS KIDS SHOULD ALWAYS COME FIRST UNTIL THEY ARE ADULTS - And I really consider most adults at about age 30.
    sarah louise Posts: 11, Reputation: -2

Nov 22, 2006, 06:38 PM
    :) I can really say a lot but his kids come first and always will it will never change do your best and don't let it get to you hun
    ciaobella Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2008, 06:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ttleas
    Thye are his children darl children always come first just ask him to ring you back when he is finished talking to his children don't let it get you down
    squeaks77 Posts: 113, Reputation: 19
    -

Mar 13, 2008, 03:12 PM
    You might want to have a conversation with him and tell him how you feel totally drop kicked when his kids call. Being a man, he probably has NO CLUE how he hurts you. I believe he should take care of his kids, but he needs to take care of you also and that includes your feelings. Even something simple like, "Hey baby I love you but the kids are on the other line, I'll call you right back" would probably make you feel much better.
    jeffatl Posts: 489, Reputation: 83

Mar 13, 2008, 03:38 PM
    You guys realize this is a 2 year old post right?
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2008, 05:43 PM
    Take a back seat women. The kids always come first!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

No children [ 12 Answers ]

My daughter is getting married in May. We wish to have no children under 5 at the wedding, although we don't care about the reception. How can we convey that appropriately?

Children [ 4 Answers ]

This may sound strange, but I am currently living in a long term shelter with my two beautifull boys. I have always wanted to be in the army and have recently started to sighn up, under the impression that my sisters would help me with my kids. Now for whatever reason they can't, my mom is too sick...

Children, Step-children, Niece: What a mess! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am in desperate need of clarity and advise. I am 41, mother of 2 daughters, 3 step-kids and 1 niece. My 2 daughters 18 and 15 live with me and my husband and so does my husbands niece, 15 also. My 3 step kids are all over 23 with their own places. My husbands niece has been thrown from...

View more questions Search