Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    141Iktisman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2010, 07:46 AM
    Which laptop should I buy
    I am going to buy my first laptop, I already have a PC. My budget is around £350 GBP and I want one with a reasonable amount of RAM. I don't plan to use it for gaming. I also want an optical drive, a built in camera and mike & an HDMI output plus a minimum of 3 USB ports. Screen quality (brightness) is very important Ideally I would prefer one that has more than 1 years warranty that is valid in the UK.
    So, my question is : Which ones should I consider?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2010, 09:40 PM

For the price range, would suggest toshiba as some of the models in that price range have what you are looking for

3gb ram, built in camera, 3 usb port and 15.9" screen
    -Now you would have to do some research for ones that have the HDMI port

That would be my suggestion for the price range and they normally would come with 1 yr factory warranty but always suggest to get an additional yr or two extended
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2010, 10:18 AM

Sorry, I couldn't figure out exactly how to use BestBuy.co.uk, so I used the .com version. (It seems the UK one is just a bunch of articles)

3GB|15" - 16"|Less than $600 : Laptop Computers - BestBuy

That will give you a list of laptops under $600usd (£377) with a 15" to 16" screen, 3GB RAM.

I would also recommend Toshiba.
    Toshiba|3GB|15" - 16"|Less than $600 : Laptop Computers - BestBuy

I would imagine prices cannot vary too much from here (USA) to where ever you are (I'm guessing the UK). If so, this will give you a general retail value of the computer you're looking at. You'll have to go through the selection I sent you in order to narrow down everything else you want, but the model numbers will give you something to look at when you're shopping.

~Good Luck
    P.S. Sorry if the prices are not accurate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Want to buy a new laptop [ 1 Answers ]

Hi @ all. I am a student and my profession is mechanical engeering. I need a new laptop but I'm not sure which model to buy. We study programms like AutoCAD... etc, so what model and performance wolud be the best? Thanks!

Need to buy a laptop, which one? [ 4 Answers ]

Hey everyone! So I decided it's time for me to get a laptop and I was wondering if anyone had any advise on some good ones to get. I have $600 to spend, I know that's not much, but I don't really need it for hard core computer stuff, just need a laptop for my CPA class and for when I move out...

Which laptop should I buy? [ 1 Answers ]

I need to buy a new laptop. I’m currently using a Dell Inspiron 600m that I have had for about 4 years. I’m starting to have a lot of problems with it (the power cord must be plugged into the power jack at just the right angle for it to work and the jack where you plug in the network cable is...

View more questions Search