Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2313stephen Posts: 65, Reputation: 3

Feb 2, 2010, 03:53 AM
    Being paid for childminding nephews
    I live in the uk and I am considering caring for my 2 nephews during the day so that Mum can go to work full time. My question is, is it legal to accept cash for doing this?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 2, 2010, 04:11 AM
    If you are being paid, or receiving payment in kind, to do this then you MUST be a registered child minder to be legal.
    It doesn't actual matter if they are relatives or not.
    septemberlove Posts: 30, Reputation: 11

Jul 11, 2010, 02:48 PM
    In the states, it is treated like babysitting/nannying. I accept cash when watching kids all the time.

Also, in the states you don't have to be registered for this. Not sure how it is in the UK though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to adopt my nephews. [ 1 Answers ]

I have two nephews, one is 28 months and the other is 13 months. Their story is like so; his mother which is my sister abandoned them since May of '09, we have not seen her or know where she went. Their father is from Honduras and he recently got deported back, he has no way of coming back, so now...

Custody of my nephews [ 1 Answers ]

My nephews father is in jail and their mother which is my sister is unfit and I want to get custody of them. How do I go about doing that?

Custody of my nephews [ 3 Answers ]

I live in "N.Y." , my sister died a few years "ago." The boys father gave his parental rights to my other sister now she is abusing them mentally and physically by yelling all the time and she allows my brother to beat them welting their bodies with a "belt." How can I get custody of them? :(

Adopting Nephews [ 2 Answers ]

My sister-in-law might have my husband and I adopt her two sons. We live in Oklahoma. What is the procedure for something like this? Do we have to go through court? Do their fathers have any rights since she was never married to them?

How do I get custody for my nephews? [ 2 Answers ]

My sister and her exhusband are unfit to be with their children. 1 is 10 and the oldest is 15 yrs old. Many times the kids have told me that they don't want to be with either of their parents. I live in New York city, please advise.

View more questions Search