Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lady_Sapphire Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2010, 12:31 AM
    Accounting - Adjusting Entries
    Which of the following pairs of accounts could not appear in the same adjusting entry?
    a. Interest income and Interest expense; b salaries payable and salaries expense; c rent expense and prepaid rent; d service revenue and unearned revenue
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2010, 10:38 PM

Have you made an attempt to answer this yourself?
    Lady_Sapphire Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2010, 08:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by morgaine300 View Post
    Have you made an attempt to answer this yourself?
    Yes, I have. I have read the book, search for examples on the internet and I am confused because I know that assets such as supplies and prepaid accounts when used up become expenses. Unearned revenue is a liability account which has received money for services the company has not performed. As the services are performed the value of unearned revenue decreases but I am not sure what account would off set unearned revenue.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2010, 02:28 AM

Everything you just said is correct. You've also answered your own question without realizing it. You said "As the services are performed...." Well, where do services performed go?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adjusting entries in accounting 101 [ 1 Answers ]

Does accrued salaries and depreciation of equipment decrease Net Income if an adjustment is needed?

Financial Accounting - Adjusting Entries [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone please help me with this financial accounting homework? I have been working on this homework for a week. I want to get it right prior to submitting it to the professor. Thanks. Melinda GUNFLINTADVENTURES Adjusted Trial Balance June 30 Debit Credit Prepaid airport rent $7,200 ...

Adjusting Accounting Entries [ 2 Answers ]

My balance sheet reflects prepaid insurance of $1,200 for Dec 31. It is a 3 year policy that started Jan 1. How do I make adjustments for the year and what should the corrected amount be?

Accounting, adjusting entries [ 1 Answers ]

The Ritz Manor is a popular seaside resort. A double room costs $220 for one night. In order to reserve a room, guests must pay one night’s stay in advance. On each floor of the hotel, Vendalite Company operates vending machines with energy bars, juices, and other snacks for guests. Vendalite...

Accounting Adjusting entries [ 3 Answers ]

Hasterson has a five-day work week and pays salaries of $70,000 each Friday 1 Make the adjusting entry required on July 31, assuming that August 1 falls on a Wednesday. 2 Make the entry to pay the salaries on August 3. Thanks!!

View more questions Search