Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jose P321 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2010, 06:10 PM
    Glacier bay faucets
    I have a Glacier Bay Pull out spray type kitchen faucets that is always cutting off the flow of water how can this be fixed
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 1, 2010, 06:13 PM

Can you elaborate on "cutting off flow of water". Is it cutting off when you pull out the spout, or when you switch from stream to spray? Any info you can give will help us.
    Jose P321 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2010, 06:57 PM
    The water just stops does not matter stream or spray low pressure or high pressure the flow of water shuts off for several minutes then comes back on?
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2010, 08:03 PM

The problem is with the cartridge remove it and take it to a home depot and get a new one, good luck.

John
    BtDM Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Feb 3, 2010, 03:18 PM

Save the time and energy... don't bother trying to 'fix' it. I think that you would be better served with a better quality faucet. I have had too many customers tell me that they went through hell trying to get parts for these. Those lucky enough to get them had to replace them again within a few months. In the end, that's how they became customers... new faucet installs.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 3, 2010, 05:13 PM

BtDM,
    Save the time and energy... don't bother trying to 'fix' it.
    Ya just don't tell a asker his product's a piece of crap. (Even if it is.)
    You're new to us so allow me to give you a run down on how we do things around here.
    Unless it's something we we can't repair we never say, " Call a plumber" or "don't bother trying to 'fix' it".
    That's what we do here. We attempt to give the best advice we can for the asker to make the repair himself.
    Most Glacier Bay faucets are manufactured by Globe Union Industrial Faucet Company of Canada , China, and elsewhere. Their brands, besides Pegasus and Glacier Bay, include Danze and Gerber. Would you also trash the other valves manufactured by Globe Union?
    A much better approach on your part would have been to put up a diagram of the valve with your take on how to repair it. That's the way we do it around here. Regards, Tom
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 4, 2010, 05:21 PM
    BtDM,

Don't meam to "bust yo chops" Just to let you know how things go down around here. I've read your home page.
    I come from a plumbing family myself. We hope you stick around and contribute. I may be a horses patootie but we have some great guys and excellent plumbers on this page. Once more! Welcome! Tom
    dplumber Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2010, 08:06 PM

Try removing the spray head and see if you get the same results. If it flows freely, you need a new spray head. If it still stops for no reason, you need to replace the main control cartridge. Glacier Bay faucets have a lifetime warranty, why not take advantage and save a few bucks. To find the right Glacier Bay replacement parts, fallow the steps in this article. How to Find Glacier Bay Faucet Parts | eHow.com Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Glacier bay faucets [ 1 Answers ]

is there a back flow value in the housing of the spray gun hose triggering the flow of water to stop (kitchen faucet)

My husband is having a partoblem with home depot. Glasier bay faucet we bought there seems to be malfunctioning ( no hot water) The man at the store says it is a in home part and cannot be bought there, he says the whole part has to be taken out and be brought back to the store for replacement,...

My husband took our tub faucet apart to check why we were not getting hot water. He took the part to Home Depot to ask them about it. They said it is an instore part and they do not stock it?? Why HE (the clerk) said to buy the whole fauce?? We cannot take our whole tub apart to replace a single...

Glacier Bay Faucets [ 1 Answers ]

I work at an apartment property that is just about a year old we have Glacier Bay faucets we are having trouble finding the diverter for the kitchen faucet they are whistling and making a thumping noise and when the sprayer is used they often leak we have looked at our vendors like HDS and they do...

View more questions Search