Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sweetgirl10 Posts: 84, Reputation: 2

Feb 1, 2010, 04:20 PM
    Is this crazy or what?
    I am sitting here having a conversation with some of my girlfriends and I was just wondering is it OK for a 18 yr old to date a 32 yr old? Me and my friends are sitting here now and just wanted to know you all's insight on this. By the way all answers are welcome but mostly from older men! Thanks in advance.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 1, 2010, 04:41 PM

How "older" do you want your male responders to be?

My 39 y/o son said he would not date an 18 y/o because she would be too young and immature. The conversation might be fine for a date or two, but when he would ask her for her opinion about the U.S. involvement in Kuwait or if she thought the Challenger explosion has been adequately explained, she probably would lose points with him. Would she be able to discuss works by Chekhov or Updike or James Fenimore Cooper? Compare and contrast Luther and Wesley? Discuss tectonic plates and their movement as regards Haiti? Pick apart President Obama's first year in office?

In other words, there are too many years between 18 and 32, and the 32 y/o has too much life experience and knowledge over that of the 18 y/o. It could work (a few dates might be fun), but the chances for a long-term relationship are poor.

Feb 1, 2010, 05:00 PM

It doesn't matter. Just older, there really is not a set age. True. This was also my point.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 1, 2010, 05:04 PM

Who is the 18 ( girl or guys)

Sadly a double standard in society in US at least, a older guy with a younger girl, may get a few looks, but normally little is said.

There are even jokes about trophy wives and the mid age crisis dating younger girls.

The older ladies dating younger men are referred as cougars and said to be robbing the craddles.

They are all adults and if that is what they want, really their choice

Feb 1, 2010, 06:00 PM

The female is 18 and the male is 32

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Going Crazy [ 35 Answers ]

I want to know how to get full custody of my son. His father moved to California while I was pregnant. His name is not on the birth certificate and my son has my last name. I let him visit with his father because I thought it would be nice. Well that was 4 weeks ago and I found out my son is not...

How Crazy Is She? [ 7 Answers ]

:confused: I have a very tricky situation on my hands.. in mid march my fiancé and I moved into a great apartment with our son. To anyone who knows New Jersey-a 4 bedroom for 1,000 is a steal! When we met the owner of the house she seemed a little odd, okay we knew she was a nut! But this was such...

I think I'm crazy [ 8 Answers ]

I have been in a relationship with this amazing girl for almost a year I have recently have stared having extreme feeling of jealously. She has never given me a reason to be jealous or given me any reason to not trust her. She just went on a two day trip at her soon to be college for orientation...

View more questions Search