Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    edda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2010, 02:18 PM
    Problem solving
    A ladder is leaning against a building so that the distance from the ground to the top of the ladder is one foot less than the length of the ladder.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 1, 2010, 02:54 PM

A(squared) + B(squared) = (square root ) C

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quadratic Equations... Problem Solving [ 6 Answers ]

A ball is thrown straight up. Its height, h(in metres), after t seconds is give by h= -5t^2+10t+2. To the nearest tenth of a second, when is the ball 6m above the ground? Explain why there are two answers. I don't know how to manipulate the formula and how to solve for this problem. Second...

1995 Altima Idleing problem Knock & O2 sensor, EGR Flow Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have 1995 Nissan Altima with 67,000 miles. When the car is idleing when I start it or when it is at a red light the rpm's go from 6000 to 9000. It sounds like I am reving the engine. The engine sounds fine when I am driving the car ( rpm's are consitent). I went to AutoZone the read out errors...

Functions... problem solving [ 4 Answers ]

A 0.5kg ball is thrown vertically upward at a speed of 25m/s. Its velocity, v(t) (in m/s), at time t(in seconds0, is given by v(t)=25-9.8t. Its kinetic evergy, K(v) (in Joules), is given by K(v)=0.5v^2. Express the balls kinetic energy as a function of time, K(t). OKay I have no idea even where...

Algebraic Equations Max and Min Problem Solving [ 17 Answers ]

Ms. Brown has 200m of fencing with which she intends to construct a rectangular enclosure along a river where no fencing is needed. She plans to divide the enclosure into two parts to separate her sheep from her coats, two perfect squars with right angles, river at upper portion of diagram. What...

Inequalities problem solving [ 3 Answers ]

Brandon and Pat drove from Edmonton to Saskatoon a distance of 545km. Brandon drove the first part of the trip at an average speed of 100km/h, and Pat drove the remainder at an average speed of 90km/h. If the trip took Brandon and Pat 5.75h, determine the number of hours each drove. I'm so lost, I...

View more questions Search