Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bijany Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2006, 03:05 PM
    Spousal Support
    I am in divorce now. No minor children, married for 25 years. Do I still have to pay spusal support and is DissoMaster the correct way for this purpose?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2006, 04:07 PM
    Spousal support has NOTHING to do with children.

For example:

Husband works, wife stays home, takes care of the house. Maybe she also raises the kids.

Well, now she hasn't worked for 10, 20 years.

Husband is making lots of money, wife doesn't.

So husband supplements wife's income.

Talk with a lawyer about all this.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 21, 2006, 05:21 PM
    Agree with the Captain on this one, if you lets say operated a business, she can claim her staying at home and not working helped you create your business.

Or if she did not follow her carrerer to stay home, or stopped her education

Her attorney can come up with 100's of variations.

It has nothing to do with children but with her need for you to keep him in the life style you have had.

You need a good attorney.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spousal Verbal Abuse [ 12 Answers ]

I am married to a man who goes ballistic if he is even asked a simple question. He throws things,breaks things,he stomps on things, all of them mine.He yells and screams at me. He calls me names. He does not treat anyone else like this.Only his wife.He says I slandered him because I made a...

Spousal Support--Reconsideration [ 1 Answers ]

I recently missed a hearing to revisit my spousal support order. Due to my absence the Judge ordered for me to continue paying the amount previously decided on plus an additional amount which was in arrears. I filed a motion for reconsideration and got a new court date in March. My question is,...

Help and support [ 1 Answers ]

When I click on help and support , nothing happens, help and support is RUNNING, checked this out first,also I cannot get SYSTEM RSTORE to work,, any help will be appreciated sapper

View more questions Search