Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Malachi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2006, 03:01 PM
    Children
    This may sound strange, but I am currently living in a long term shelter with my two beautifull boys. I have always wanted to be in the army and have recently started to sighn up, under the impression that my sisters would help me with my kids. Now for whatever reason they can't, my mom is too sick to help so now I have no one. I have a year and a half left at this place but I still feel the need to go do you have any advice?:confused:
    cherri1966 Posts: 14, Reputation: 4

Nov 21, 2006, 06:30 PM
    Do you have no one who can take temporary custody so you can go in? Once you're in you can get them back, but you will always have to have a family care plan in place. This is a plan that is put in place to make sure that you will have care provided for your children in case of emergency deployments or field exercises etc. The plan names the individual/s who will be taking care of them.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 21, 2006, 06:51 PM
    Since this is under the "adoption" question area, are you considering putting the children up for adoption?
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2006, 09:57 AM
    Are you employed? What about low-income housing? How about moving in with a friend or relative who has space and agreeing to share the expenses?
    isabelle Posts: 309, Reputation: 31

Nov 25, 2006, 07:48 AM
    I thought that while living in a long term shelter they were workers who helped people find low income housing and ways to take care of the kids. You may want to go this route and get a job, find housing , and make some good friends before you decide to join the armed forces?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No children [ 12 Answers ]

My daughter is getting married in May. We wish to have no children under 5 at the wedding, although we don't care about the reception. How can we convey that appropriately?

Children, Step-children, Niece: What a mess! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am in desperate need of clarity and advise. I am 41, mother of 2 daughters, 3 step-kids and 1 niece. My 2 daughters 18 and 15 live with me and my husband and so does my husbands niece, 15 also. My 3 step kids are all over 23 with their own places. My husbands niece has been thrown from...

After children? [ 17 Answers ]

After a women gives birth to a few children does she get "wider". I am just wondering. I am with a guy now, who is pretty small but that is not a problem at the moment anyway. But what would happen if we stayed together, and got married and had a few children? Would I become bigger down there? And...

Will we have more children? [ 5 Answers ]

My husband was diagnosed in 2004 with cancer. He went through about 8 months of treatment (chemo and radiation). I've read a lot about the type of chemo he was given and have found that one of the side effects is often infertility. We didn't have anytime to plan out what we were going to...

View more questions Search