Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    v_taylor1987 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2006, 02:02 PM
    Tyre Track Dimensions
    What tyre track dimensions can be measured at a crime scene and how could this help identify the responsible vehicle\?
    carcrashexpert Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Apr 15, 2007, 01:42 PM
    It depends, but in the best case, one could obtain overall track width as well as number and spacing of tread blocks. Overall track width is a function of the vehicle geometry, and pretty difficult to alter, while tread block spacing could have course vary significantly from tyre to tyre.

This is generally pretty inconclusive when it comes to finding a particular vehicle, but would certainly be useful corroborative evidence if a particular vehicle was already suspected. It's probably more useful in ruling out a particular vehicle. In some very rare cases, one might have such a unique combination of tyre and axle characteristics that a particular vehicle would be indicated - but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80's dog cartoon movie involving portals to other dimensions [ 11 Answers ]

PLEASE HELP!! I've been brain dead trying to get the name of the movie. I remember the beginning of the movie where two dogs who can talk are trapped in this demension in a snow storm and a snow creature is after them. They then sense either them or the key that there is a portal door and...

Area, perimiter, dimensions [ 1 Answers ]

A rectangular room has an area of 99 square feet and a perimeter of 45 ft. What are the dimensions of the room?

Track internet history [ 2 Answers ]

I sometimes visit webpages that I do not want other people to see. So I regularly clean internet history (basic methods, in the tool bar, internet options delete internet history), but I wonder still my roommate who shares the computer can track the internet history. Is it possible to see the...

Track lighting question [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. In my kitchen, there is an old track lighting fixture that does not function. I'm assuming that this worked at one time, but not while I've lived in the house. I am interested in replacing it with a new fixture. There are electrical connections in the ceiling where the old fixture is but...

What's the name of this great track? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, Can anyone help? I heard this track on the radio a while back but have no idea of the name or artist, and haven't heard it again since. Genre is Dance/Techno pretty fast beat with female vocals; the chorus goes something like "see right through it, like it's made of glass" "get your x-ray...

View more questions Search