Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anaska Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2010, 03:54 AM
    Dealing with death of a parent
    My Darling Mother died on 27 January 2010 and I am still in shock and am very scared of the coming time for grieving - I lost my twin sister who committed suicide 3 yrs ago, she jumped out of my window-6th flr, while I went shopping for her - My mother was everything for me and in what I succeeded today has everything to do with her - she was the most wonderful person and highly intelligent and loved by everybody - I also got breast cancer but never thought about my cancer as I had to grieve for my twin and now that my mother has passed away I am more scared!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 1, 2010, 05:51 AM

Some people sail right through the death of a loved one, thinking that they have buried their grief with them, but then along the line, grief hits like a ton of bricks. We all deal with grief differently, emergencies differently.

Your grief is natural right now, yes you are scared because you don't know how you are going to handle life without her, it's a natural progression when our emotions are running wild. I feel for you, I honestly do. I know what it is like but I got through it 3 years ago without the chance of saying goodbye.

Of course she was everything to you, who would think otherwise, anaska, she will always be with you, I know my mom is always with me in my dreams and the thought of funny moments and good times together. That is the lasting part, and what you have to look forward too. I don't cry anymore when I think of them, I laugh all over again the way she would want me too. We had such fun together.

You will eventually see what I mean.

If you feel at any time the grief is too much, please look up a grief counsellor usually provided by the funeral home, or your pastor, priest, or a good friend and get all your feelings out in the open; a good cry does all the world of good, and doubly good on someone's shoulder.

All the best to you.

Tick
    anaska Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2010, 11:26 AM
    Thank you, those were wise words and I am a wise person and very possitive because I could say goodbye in such a beautiful manner and that is because arranged that I arranged this a year or so ago because my mother and I had a special bond and that will never leave me!
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2010, 10:12 PM

Losing a parent and a sister in such a short time is unimaginable. I am so sorry. It will take time and you will cry a lot and find yourself becoming angry and asking why?

You are a very brave person and I know this because you have chosen to seek answers and comfort. You are in my thoughts and prayers.. God Bless

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dealing with the death of a parent [ 13 Answers ]

My father passed away early this morning after an extended illness. Even though I had been trying to prepare myself for this for some time, I am having an awful time coping with this situation. Today, I took a drive about an hour away and bought myself lunch. I then drove to visit a few places my...

Dealing with an alcoholic parent. [ 13 Answers ]

I am a single mom of a two year old who is dealing with her father who is a drinker and an abuser. He has his days with our daughter and bad mouths me to her and around her as well as leaves her to be watched by other people in his family. When I get her back she is filthy,stinky, and emotional....

What to do for a family dealing with death [ 6 Answers ]

So, my friend's grandmother passed today. I know it's nice to take a meal to the family, any suggestions of meals to make? Things that are easy to heat up?

Dealing with death of my dad [ 9 Answers ]

I am 22 years old have a beautifal wife and two sons , I'm am enjoying every moment of being the dad I wish I had. But once in a while this deep dpression comes over me about my own father, I first met him when I was 10. We became the best of friends and as long as I had nothing of value he...

View more questions Search