Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2010, 11:07 AM
    Can I plumb a washer 14 feet away from stack

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is a repost hoping we can pick up where we left off

My washer & dryer is in the middle of my basement & I would like to move it to the other side of the house the only problem is it would be 14 feet from the main stack & vent.. Is this OK or what would I have to do to plumb it in (do I have to vent through the roof )

Thanks for your time
    Rob

Hello Rob,

You had the same post on Jan 28, see the attachment.

John

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/plumbi...ck-440371.html

Yep. You can plumb and vent it anywhere you want. The drain on the washer is a gravity drain so that has to run downhill slightly but everything else will work regarless

Quote Originally Posted by afaroo View Post
    Hello Rob,

John

Quote Originally Posted by afaroo View Post
    Hello Rob,

John

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/plumbi...ck-440371.html
    Thanks John

I did repost this question because I read somewhere that if the answers stop (they get forgotten)I should post again.I really need to know if the 1 1/2" pipe is a vent (don't understand why there is a cleanout on that pipe)

Thanks again
    certifiedscales Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    -

Jan 31, 2010, 11:49 AM

Whoever said yep above is right.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 31, 2010, 12:55 PM
    Hi John...

I updated his post back at the original post. If he can't find it then he can let us know here!

Thanks...

MARK
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2010, 01:43 PM

Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I plumb a washer 14 feet away from stack [ 25 Answers ]

My washer & dryer is in the middle of my basement & I would like to move it to the other side of the house the only problem is it would be 14 feet from the main stack & vent.. Is this OK or what would I have to do to plumb it in (do I have to vent through the roof ) Thanks for your time Rob

Plumb a garage utility sink into existing washer plumbing [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I am new and wondering if I can plumb a utility sink drain into a washing machine stand pipe? http://www.treemo.com/content/874630_2egnek0gmxuwi_dd.jpg The sink will be located to the left just past the wall. The drain pipe is has a trap just past where I cut the drywall out on the right. Can...

Plumb Basement Sink Directly Into Stack [ 2 Answers ]

I'd like to install a slop sink in my basement. I can place it right next to the vertical main stack, and can connect the sink drain directly to it above the point where it enters the slab. I would also vent the drain line. Would this be allowed (in general) by most codes? Would a check valve...

Leak in basement plumb stack [ 1 Answers ]

I have a small leak in one of the connectors in the main plumb stack in the basement. The water running down (slowly) seems to be clear. What do I do? How can I find out where it is coming from. There is no odor. Thanks Conny

Drain line 5 feet long going into main stack [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am installing a washing machine drain line using 2" ABS pipe. The drain line will be installed within a 5 foot horizontal run going into the main stack. Within 5 feet of the main stack, do I need a vent line? Thanks for the help.

View more questions Search