Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    winpatty5353 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2010, 09:43 AM
    What happens to a person's belongings if no relative is notified of a person's death?
    Our family learned of the death of a blood relative. The death occurred two years ago and we were not notified. We are her only relatives. Now that we know of her death how can we find out about any money or belongings she may have had?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 31, 2010, 11:48 AM
    Where did they live, if they lived in a rental property, after they stopped paying rent, the would have been evicted ( only way to dispose of the property)

If hey owned a house, it is possible things are just sitting in the house.

You may go to the area she lived and see if frieneds or neighbors may have known where they banked or did business

Also once you establish the estate, you will find any of their unpaid bills, funeral bills, medical bills for last treatments and so on, and those will need to be paid out of money or property you find.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The right to see a deceased person's will [ 2 Answers ]

My second cousin recently left some family member small financial bequests in her will. She also left jewellery to two of the female relations. Today I phoned the lawyer dealing with this as the jewellery has never turned up. He said he didn't know how he was going to get it to us. He...

How can I get around the other person's friends? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I need help, obviously... So about a week ago, I find out that this girl likes me. Turns out I like her too, but I'm not going to go into detail. Me n this girl like to talk, but the problem about that is that whenever I try to go up to her and talk to her, her friends are surrounding her....

How to file a Company when the it's a person's name. [ 1 Answers ]

We had a disagreement in my office today & I'm wondering what others think. I work at a car dealership & a lot of dealers are named after people, so how would you file? For example... Henry Brown Ford... filed under H for Henry or B for Brown?

How to be a lienholder on a person's house [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I loaned family members money to help them buy land and put a down payment on their house. This loan was made 2 years ago and they have just in the last few months started paying us small monthly payments. At the rate they are paying us back, it will take 70+ years to get our money...

How do I get another person's name off my lease since he moved out? [ 1 Answers ]

I am renting a house with a years lease signed by me and my boyfriend at the time.He moved out and keeps ond breaking in and taking my and my kids things.The police will not do anything about it because he is still on the lease.Also at the time we singed the lease the landlords did not sign it so...

View more questions Search