Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PainMusic Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2006, 09:32 AM
    Opinion on Death as an answer
    Im 24 years old and I sit in my room all day stress out because of life my health there's nothing basically good going on for me all I can think about is killing myself to be free from this pain but I'm to scared to I don't know what to do but death seems the only answer
    MJ6216 Posts: 115, Reputation: 7

Nov 21, 2006, 09:51 AM
    Death Is Never The Answer. I Believe That You Need Some Professional Help. You Think That Life Is Really Bad Right Now But Let Me Tell You It Could Always Be Worse Than It Is. And I Know You Think That It Is Already As Bad As It Could Get But Its Really Not... trust Me I Know From Expierience. Take It From Someone Who Has Tried Suicide... its Not Worth It... its Very Painful And Not Only Do You Hurt Yourself Very Badly But Your Family Feels The Pain As Well... I Mean Im No Professional But Its Always Good To Talk To Someone Who Knows How You Feel... so You Are More Than Welcome To Talk To Me Anytime.
    K_3 Posts: 304, Reputation: 74

Nov 21, 2006, 10:03 AM
    You should seek some counseling now. One cannot sit and ponder on how nothing is happening good in one's life and expect something good to come pouring through the window. We all have to make things happen in our life. We are all here for a reason, look for that reason and find it. Before I go further. Why do you feel helpless? How long have you felt nothing good is in your life? What caused that feeling?

Nov 21, 2006, 10:19 AM
    I'v tried getting professional help I'm actually waiting on my appointment its not until next month in the past I'v attempted to get help but the medication made me feel worst I'm just tired of hurting and I feel that a therapist could never actually understand how you feel there trained to look for signs of certain behavior I'm going through so much physcial mental and emotional pain I get panic attacks I don't sleep at night I can go on.. its really sad I know but who would choose to hurt offcourse I'd rather be happy I appreciate all the feed back
    MJ6216 Posts: 115, Reputation: 7

Nov 21, 2006, 10:24 AM
    Well like I said you can always talk to me as well... cause I know what your going through and I know how you feel... and when I was going through all my ordeal I felt that no one else could understand my hurt except the people who have done what I have. You know...

Nov 21, 2006, 10:36 AM
    Do you have aim so we can talk more
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Nov 21, 2006, 10:47 AM
    Why are you feeling this way?

Your death will affect many people... the ones more affected by your suicide/death will be your closet family and friends... so pleas think about it... your family, friends and even associates will feel guilty and dreadful about your demise... if anything please think about that... someone cares... I do and I do not know you... all that is created is important to the creator... and because I care for the creator... it will make sense that I care about you...
    I have lost too many friends to suicide... some I just knew... one friend her name was Peggy... she came by for some frank talk and a beer and said I thought you were stronger... I was confused... she had just went to neighbors house that had issues(the jealous type)... and the neighbor was considered someone that people can trust... (proved to be a false witness)I was there for Peggy... knowing no one gave care... if she needed me... but she could not understand why... this other person that seemed to have it all together was so much hated for me... she felt lost... If, they hate this girl... then she felt she not a chance... someone was giving false information to her ex-husband too be... it was this woman... her husband was leaving her for another woman... she went to church and the minister showed no love for her... for her husband was building the churches’ addition... she had not a chance for respect... the minister needed his church expanded and this woman’s husband was doing the work for cost of materials... Peggy was searching for help that day... and I was too busy... but I did feel something was wrong... but said to myself... she would be just fine... I over looked the statements she was making... as... just being Peggy... and my limited understanding of suicidal actions... she went home and took her hand made 9mm silver and plated... ivory bone handle... and took the side of her head off... he daughter came home and saw her mother... the daughter ran into was streets... yelling... I saw this and was shocked... Oh my GOD the quilt... I did not hear her... from that day forward... I started to pay attention... to my surrounding... the pain is still here... this happened in the 1980’s... I am crying writing this... Please... you are of value... You are worth the effort... Please... call someone... ask them to come over or better yet go visit someone... and just talk... God how I wish... I was completely there for Peggy... it is important for me say her name out loud... so that I will always remember my failure... I give a care... God is saying you are a cared for one... you are the dearest... call someone... now

You relationships(family, friends, etc.) will blame themselves... what was it I could have missed... Those most affected are those closest to you... Your family will feel terrible guilt that is their fault... Many families never recover from the effect of someone's suicide... th daughters never did.. and so have I... If you destroy yourself, you may all that loves you...
    isabelle Posts: 309, Reputation: 31

Nov 23, 2006, 09:32 AM
    Suicide is a permanent answer to a temporary situation.
    You need a doctor as well as a therapist. Some medications can help you with your feelings as well as being able to talk to some one face to face. You can call a doctor today and he will get back to you. You could also go to your nearest hospital emergency room and tell them how you feel.. they will get you some help. Above all Do Not Wait. At the very least there are hot-lines listed in the front of your phone book and they will talk to you and give you severals areas of help in your area.
    You said you have tried this before but try it again and again.. there is help for you. The feelings of hopelessness and helplessness do not have to stay with you.
    Please I beg of you.. do this right now.. do not wait.
    mnaznguy Posts: 17, Reputation: 4

Dec 5, 2006, 02:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by PainMusic
    Im 24 years old and i sit in my room all day stress out because of life my health there's nothing basically good going on for me all i can think about is killing myself to be free from this pain but im to scared to i dont know what to do but death seems the only answer
    Know what's kind of weird?? When I feel like you do... for me thinking about death actually helps me realize I don't want to. I would quit the meds and just find some friends to talk to. It helps. I'd also suggest finding something to do... a hobby, a pet, a girlfriend/boyfriend. Whatever. It seems to me, with depression and suicides, it all comes down to what the person wants or needs. What do you need? A new job? Why all the stress?
    You need to think long and hard about what you want from life, or what's missing that you need to make you happy. And then start taking steps to making your goals.
    Once you find how to make yourself happy, you'll realize you are strong enough to keep going.
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2006, 07:33 AM
    PainMusic,

My father committed suicide, he was 41, I was 19 at the time. I have to tell you how hurt your family will be. Do you have anyone you can talk to about these feelings?

You say you are awaiting an appointment but it's a month away. We have here in the UK a crisis line, do you have something like that where you are? Is there a hospital where you can make yourself a voluntary patient?

I know some meds make you feel crappy but sometimes that's just at first, that usually goes away once they begin to kick in which could take up to three weeks. If you have meds that a doctor prescribed can you begin to take them now and keep taking them for at least a month to six weeks to give them a chance to work - they need time to reach the part of the brain that is causing you to feel so bad.

And if they really don't make you feel any better there are lots of other meds that will. Ask your doctor about Prozac, of course this will depend on what your condition is. Read about it on the net - I don't mean to be flippant but it appears to be the new wonder drug for depression.

On the other hand if you have a disorder, one of the personality disorders perhaps, there are many but they can all be helped with meds. Please keep your appointment. And tell your doctor just how bad you are feeling. Stay calm but make him listen, make sure he knows you need help and you need it now.

In the meantime will you stick around here and talk to us? Can you tell us a bit more about yourself, your family etc?
    Stars Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2007, 11:23 AM
    Hi PainMusic
    As you cans ee you have loads of people trying to back you up and help you and we don't know you let alone the people who love you.
    Well I can understand its hard there was a time when I wanted to commite suicide. Well what I had in mind was jumping.. I just was too depressed and that's all I wanted to do.. there was just one thing to stop me. Well one day out of the blue a person I love told me people are heard screaming right after they jump she said and its just bcos they regret it but its too late... it was amazing that she just said that without knowing what was going on in my life but hey I blv it!! I blv people regret it right after so lets learn from their mistakes!
    TAKE CARE!
    chippers Posts: 440, Reputation: 88

Jan 8, 2007, 11:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by PainMusic
    Im 24 years old and i sit in my room all day stress out because of life my health there's nothing basically good going on for me all i can think about is killing myself to be free from this pain but im to scared to i dont know what to do but death seems the only answer
    I'm truly sorry you're in so much pain. You're 24 and have so much a head of yourself. You're in crisis and its scary because you don't know which way to turn. There are so many degrees of emotional pain that no can count them. The fact that you've reached out to us is a sign you want help. Call your therapist and tell not ask that you need help NOW. If you're not happy with him or her change then. There's someone out there that can help you. Like the others have said, suicide is permanent. My father always says things will work out in the end. But it doesn't hurt to have a little help along the way.
    Swilly5 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2007, 04:57 AM
    When all is said and done our life and consciousness is what we have. Life gets too complicated and it shouldn't. Look at the wonder of nature, smell the air, feel the wind on your face, hear the little birds singing in the morning going about their businesses. Life is a gift and I lost my mother recently as her time run out and she passed away. All I can say to you is please don't go. Every day you are here is a gift.

Feb 6, 2007, 07:55 AM
    Dying takes a few minutes ( hopefully)... living is hard. And... it is for a long time(hopefully).. You are in crisis . See a doctor... a message board is a good place to talk, but you can't really get any help here. You need a doc.
    I have been out of town for a while so I don't know what is going on with you right now.
    Have you see a Doctor and what did he/she say?
    michaa Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2007, 01:39 PM
    quit feeling sorry for yourself... your depressed mood only hurts those around you,,,you should cherish every breath God allows you to breath...think of others for once instead of only yourself...many people have it so much worse than you do...you need to wake up and realize that life doesnt revolve around you...put others before your self and you will be rewarded...I apologize for the harsh tone but life is to precious to foot around with someone who wants to end it unnaturally...unless you are in a severe debilitating state you shouldnt even dream of ending your life...just stop being greedy man

Mar 6, 2007, 05:48 AM
    Michaa,
    It never helps anyone to tell them to "pull them selves up by there boot straps" or to "get over it".. This can hurt the person and perhaps push them to do something to "prove " how bad they feel.
    One never knows when a suicide threat is real, so I take every one seriously.
    My oath is... if I can not help... I will not hurt.
    Please reread and rethink your last post.
    Wiglet Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Mar 11, 2007, 06:07 AM
    The deep dark black hole where there are no means of escape and the only answer is to take our lives?

Been there and thought about how to end my life too but I had two kids and a husband and in fact I even became what I think is called psychotic? And suggested taking my kids with me as I didn't think my husband would be able to cope. Was told by my counselor at the time "Was that a thought or a real plan?" She would have had to take my kids away if it was a real plan and so I lied... Eleven years on and I cannot believe I even said something like that but I CAN believe the pain though.

I was terrified and could not see a way out of it and thought of many different ways out of this world. Every time though I thought of my kids finding me dead and it saved me.
    I remember the daily panic attacks, sometimes hourly; I wasn't sleeping, I was manic at times yet at other times I was tearful and wouldn't speak to anyone. So I think I'm saying I understand exactly what you are going through.

I'm not saying getting out of that dark place was easy and it took time but you can do it too. That appointment is worth waiting for and with support you can do this. I was given medication and I didn't like taking it. I think it was the answer first thing because I was so very very low but after a while it became a barrier and I needed to get off them. Different answers work for different people and TALKING works for most.

Suicide leaves so many loved ones behind and too many answers for those loved ones. I can't see how it can help anyone and it won't help you? The fact that you are here and talking means you don't really want to take that step and you want help. Keep talking and you'll always find people who are willing to listen and offer advice. You'll be surprised at ahow many others have walked in your shoes. I'm PROUD to have beaten those thoughts and beaten depression. I have become a stronger person because of it and you can become stronger too.

You take care of you and count me in as another one of your supporters
    Lillian42 Posts: 83, Reputation: 8

Apr 15, 2007, 04:57 PM
    There is nothing worth dying over. You need to go talk to someone like a doctor they can help you. Talk to your parents. You talk about stress maybe you have anxiety either way there is nothing worth dying over get help please don't kill yourself! There are people who care your parents your friends even I care if you ever need to talk please know that I will listen!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need a answer please [ 3 Answers ]

I recently inherrited 6 etchings all 4" x 6" of woman wearing different hats maybe Paris or Europe woman . Just from their chest up. The woman look like they are from the 1920's or 30's on the back of each one is a silver seal saying genuine etching , Paris Etching Society the front a c in a...

In Need Of An Answer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Evelyn. I have in my possession a jukebox that may be an interest to a collector but I need to find out info on this jukebox. I have a serial & model numbers.How would I go about obtaining this information? Could you please help me? Thank You, flanjivfur :confused:

I have the answer! [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, a little while ago I asked a desperate question about my GSD, Jack. Well I got talking to a dog trainer and she recommended me the electric shock collar. Well Jack has had one on ever since and he is fabulous. I had to use it quite severely at first, he probably got one every hour or so...

I Need An Answer Please! [ 5 Answers ]

I need an answer When ever me and my b/f are together he sometimes checks out other chicks I do sometimes but when he does it I feel insecure like he wants to be with a hotter chick than w/ me and its probably I'm jealous and I hate it because I check out other chicks to and he isn't like...

View more questions Search