Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2010, 12:23 AM

Dad does in public
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 1, 2010, 12:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxEmOxXxPrInCeSsxXx View Post
    Dad does in public
    And parents teach their children that another family's upheaval is none of their concern -- "mind your own business." This world would be a trifle better if we DIDN'T mind our own business so often.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2010, 12:26 AM
    Dad does in public

If he hits you in public, then I hope he runs into a big guy named Bubba who will teach him a lesson.
    EmoPrincess Posts: 1,068, Reputation: 92
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2010, 12:28 AM

Bubba will get him in jail. Dad will be someone's girlfriend!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 1, 2010, 12:38 AM
    Bubba will get him in jail. Dad will be someone's girlfriend!
    Hmmm. I don't believe in lowering oneself to your dad's level. Please don't go to the least common denominator.
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2010, 12:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    And parents teach their children that another family's upheaval is none of their concern -- "mind your own business." This world would be a trifle better if we DIDN'T mind our own business so often.
    You are right.. Disney World 2006. Man was yelling at his wife and little boy using profanity that would put a sailor to shame. I'm standing there waiting for my grandchildren to come of the bathroom. No one is doing a thing and there were some big guys passing by His wife is crying and so is the little boy. I walked over and said politely ,you should be ashamed of yourself! I looked at his wife and son and I ask the wife, why don't you take up for your child? She told me to mind my own business and the guy didn't say anything he was so stunned and maybe because my husband and the boys walked out of the bathrooms where we were standing. My husband is a big guy and when I told him what had happened the guy was already gone.
    I was so mad I was crying, not for the woman who is dumb enough to stay with the jerk. I think of that little boy and I still see the image of hs little face.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Hmmm. I don't believe in lowering oneself to your dad's level. Please don't go to the least common denominator.

I think you reap what you sow. What goes around comes around either in this world or where you spend eternity.
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2010, 11:18 AM

The things that really get me in a fighting mood is when I see someone being mean to a little child. The next is a father or mother who abuse their children. Children are a gift, not a burden. I see these sweet little old folks who are left in a rest home and they crave attention. I hate to see an older child treating their parent like they are a burden.

I have said some things to people who I see doing this and it dosen't scare me at all to take up for them. It's like Wondergirl said about all these enticing things children see at the mall and yet when they cry the parents jerk them around by their arm or yell at them. I would love to shake them and say, these children are only children, don't treat them as if they are a inconvenience.

My third... People who are mean to animals. I hate it it makes me furious
    Any human who would abuse and hurt a little animal would hurt and abuse a child. I believe that. Okay EMOP, I'm through ranting now.
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2010, 12:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    The things that really get me in a fighting mood is when I see someone being mean to a little child. The next is a father or mother who abuse their children. Children are a gift, not a burden. I see these sweet little old folks who are left in a rest home and they crave attention. I hate to see an older child treating their parent like they are a burden.

I have said some things to people who I see doing this and it dosen't scare me at all to take up for them. It's like Wondergirl said about all these enticing things children see at the mall and yet when they cry the parents jerk them around by their arm or yell at them. i would love to shake them and say, these children are only children, don't treat them as if they are a inconvenience.

My third ...People who are mean to animals. I hate it it makes me furious
    Any human who would abuse and hurt a little animal would hurt and abuse a child. I beleive that. Okay EMOP, I'm through ranting now.
    I've gotten cut before defending the dog against dad... He's mean to everything.
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2010, 01:14 PM
    I've gotten cut before defending the dog against dad... He's mean to everything.

You are a nice girl and I know soon you will be out of that horrible situation.
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2010, 01:17 PM

I desperately want to be with my x. Today he proposed a deal to me. That if I do not have sex with anyone for 10 months, we can be together again. I'm uncertain if I want to take this deal. Not because I plan on having sex, I don't, but because I do not like that he would be placing stipulations like that. Opinions?
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2010, 02:40 PM

EMOP.. concentrate on what is going on in your home. Deal with that and the fact that your father will be getting out of your life soon... DON'T get side tracked and end up in another bad situation with your ex boyfriend. You're seventeen, you have plenty of time for dating and finding the right one when you are out of the mess in your home life.
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2010, 02:58 PM

I'm almost out of home already
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2010, 03:07 PM
    I'm almost out of home already

Then give yourself time to find out who you really are. Don't define yourself by thinking you need a man in your life ,another bad experience
    Could send you spiraling right back to where you've been. There will be a nice guy someday but you need to work on yourself confidence first.
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2010, 03:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    Then give yourself time to find out who you really are. Don't define yourself by thinking you need a man in your life ,another bad experience
    could send you spiraling right back to where you've been. There will be a nice guy someday but you need to work on your self confidence first.
    I agree 100%
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2010, 04:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ohsohappy View Post
    I agree 100%

I have always told my own children the same thing.I always taught my children to be strong and independent and NEVER depend on anyone else to make them happy or NEVER let another person have the power to make them miserable.

Strength comes from wiithin yourself and through the Lord. Being by yourself and being happy about yourself is where strength begins. No guy can make you feel good about yourself if you don't like the person you are.
    EMOP, I'm telling you the same thing I would tell my own kids, stay away from people who bring you down. We all care for you!
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2010, 11:24 PM

You don't need to have a boyfriend/girlfriend to be happy.

Without sounding mean, it sounds like you might be a very needy person and you need to find your own way before dating or seeing or going out with anyone.

Sorry to be harsh but I just think you need to sort out your problems before dragging someone else into them.

When you say you are almost out of home are you planning on moving into your own place?
    That's a great first step.
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2010, 12:30 AM

I agree, that's a wonderful first step. :)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 2, 2010, 06:44 AM

I know in your other thread I told you its okay to date around, as long as you stayed within the bounds of good behavior, and I still think it's the right thing to do, but life is a lot more than just dating. Its also about what you do for yourself, that makes you happy, and able to do for yourself, as far as taking care of yourself.

Hard to leave home, and be on your own without the proper skills, and education, to support yourself. That would be a good balance in your life, and one that would give your future a big boost, and also more options, and opportunities, to really be able to do what you want, and not just depend on a guy for the basics of life. You can only have so much fun, and its more fun to be had when you can care for yourself, on your own. Now would be a great time to lay those foundations for the future

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Baby Mama Drama & Was I Wrong, & Was My Boyfriend Wrong? [ 31 Answers ]

3 threads merged and edited baby mama drama, all messed up! Ok, Me and my boyfriend started going together on August 1st 2007, on September 27th 2007 the girl he dealt with before we got together called him and told him she was pregnant and that the baby might be his but she didn't know if...

I need some one to tell me what's wrong and if any thing is wrong [ 12 Answers ]

My Partner And Me Have Been Having Sex For A Year Already But For 3 Months He Has Done It With Out A Condom And I Have Not Gotten Pregnant And We Really Want To Be Parents. What Is Wrong?:(

He can't get me off? What's wrong with me? [ 3 Answers ]

I am a 20 year old female and I have never had intercourse and have been attempting (well my boyfriend has been attempting) to get me off without actually having full-on intercourse. Unfortunately to both of our dismay nothing seems to work. He has had a considerable amount of experience in this...

Where am I going wrong [ 1 Answers ]

n^{log{\small_2}n}^{log{\small_2}n} ={n^{log{\small_2}n}}^{log{\small_2}n} ={{n^{(log{\small_n}2)}}^{-log{\small_2}n} ={ 2^{(log{\small_2}n)}}^{-1} = \frac{1}{n}

Wrong place at wrong time [ 11 Answers ]

Hello all Would like you r insight for my sister and her husband. They were recently arrested for murder in the 1st degree and conspiracy to commit robbery. They both claim that they were not going to rob the guy whom was an ex roommate but ask him for the money they felt he owed them when a friend...

View more questions Search