Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spaty23 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2010, 05:52 AM
    Locate book titles from experts
    I need the author and title of a romance novel I read, I think, back in the 90's. It's a romance novel about a man who's looking for an ugly wife. He's somehow paired with a beautiful woman who attempts to "ugly up" by wearing spectacles and drastically squinting up her eyes. Her name is Francis(sp?). I don't remember if she's Irish or Scottish. I think the man is English, but I'm not sure. He marries her and takes her home. He leaves and she changes her appearance while he's gone. He comes home to find her beautiful and is quite angry. He's very clumsy their first few times and she lets him know she doesn't enjoy sex at all. They eventually fall in love. I think he raises horses and she comes from a horse farm and is knowledgeable enough to exercise and even test races the horses. They uncover a horse fraud scheme and someone tries to kill Frances. One of the attempts causes her to dislocate her shoulder. This is all the accurate information I can remember about the book. I can't remember the name or author. I thought it was Catherine Coulter or Sandra Brown, but I've not found it. I hope you can help me out with this. You're my last resort!
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2010, 05:57 AM

Midsummer Magic by Catherine Coulter Detailed Book Review

Is this it?

Jan 31, 2010, 06:16 AM
    You know I haven't read this one in a while and I can't seem to find the description of it anywhere. Do you know if there's a site somewhere I can search this and get a synopsis of the book?

Jan 31, 2010, 06:18 AM

Oh yeah! Thank you, thank you, thank you. That's the one series other than the FBI series I haven't read. I was just able to pull this up on Amazon.com. Thanks again!
    chocodrip Posts: 66, Reputation: 4

Feb 11, 2010, 02:07 AM

I loved this book and I remember that the hero's name was Hawk.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ask questions about book titles [ 1 Answers ]

I can't remember the title of the book but I remember that there were two (possibly teenaged) girls. They went to the mall and noticed a store had closed down and that in its place was an (ice cream store)? Where they could eat all they wanted for cheap or free, and that after gaining so much...

Need to locate and purchase this old book. [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for a book from around the 1960s. It was a paperback. Possibly the name Babylon in the title? It was about fighting a nuclear war, Germany and Australia, after the war was over they were still fighting and didn't even know why. There were rusty planes and ships in the story. I think...

Help finding book titles [ 2 Answers ]

I do not know the titles or the authors, I only have a vague description. The first one is about a boy (?) that finds a dog, wants to keep it and can't, and after trying to find it a home, without success, keeps it in an abandoned car. I was told it was Shiloh, but what I have read of Shiloh...

Help Me Please! - Unknown Book Titles [ 1 Answers ]

Please help! I'm looking for the title of 2 books I read as a child. One deals with a handicapped teenager who is dealing with the fact that she got her young brother killed, and plays a computer game in which she slays dragons. The other is about a group of 5 or 6 teens who are taken from...

View more questions Search