Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    m_america Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2010, 09:57 PM
    80s animated movies
    I'm trying to think of two movies that I saw on HBO in the 80s. I remember one having the characters traveling on horses that took off and landed like helicopters, but with steam coming from their hooves, I think. The other movie was based on the story of Jack and the Beanstalk. Both of these seem to me like they were japanese anime cartoons, but I'm not sure. They were pretty cool movies, from what I can remember.
    dias06 Posts: 110, Reputation: 26

Feb 8, 2010, 11:03 AM

"Jack to Mame no Ki"
    amberissmiling Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Feb 8, 2010, 08:23 PM

I used to watch this, it's a japanese jack and the beanstalk (1974). I remember the princess riding on a cloud singing "no one's happier than i, i feel like reaching up to touch the sky..."
    m_america Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2010, 08:51 PM

Thanks! Yup, that's the one. I found a poster with the giant and it totally brought back memories of the movie!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80s animated movies part cartoon part real [ 12 Answers ]

It started a movie then turned into a cartoon there were a girl and a boy lost in the woods mee little jon an indian boy pulls bark off a tree and teaches them to eat bugs grub looking things,and at the end it turns back into a movie and all the friends the boy and girl made on there adventeure are...

Obscure animated movies [ 5 Answers ]

All right, so I have had these two movies stuck in my head forever now, and I can't for the life of me remember their names. The first one was a story of... woodland creatures that wore clothes and could talk, and I remember there being some mice, and 1 character was a porcupine? I remember they...

Looking for names of 80s cyborg film and 70/80s martian vs earth defenders movies [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am hoping someone can help me with the name of two films: 1. Probably from the late 80's. The basic idea is that a man (I think a soldier) is changed into a cyborg/android. He has a weaponised arm/hand that fire missles/fire etc. and part of his face has and one eye has been replaced....

Older animated movies 70-80s [ 3 Answers ]

Trying to find the name of an older animated movie. It seems to me to have been very similar to The Last Unicorn in style. I remember a journey to save/rescue something. The main character was joined on the way by a knight called Sir Aaron Neville Smee or something similar and I seem to recall a...

80s (?) animated movies [ 5 Answers ]

I'm looking for 2 animated movies. 1. Has to do with traveling around the world on a boat. I think it had to do with Gulliver's Travels or something, but it wasn't called that. I think the boat was like... the Santa Maria or something and there was a tiny person/flea or something. 2. I don't...

View more questions Search