Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bestONEeva Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2010, 08:32 PM
    Would a junior date an 8th grader?
    I'm in the 8th grade and I'm 14. There is this guy that I really like but he is 16. He's a junior in high school. I was wondering if this was wrong or would a junior even go out with an 8th grader. Oh and this would be my first boyfriend.
    EmoPrincess Posts: 1,068, Reputation: 92
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2010, 08:39 PM

One guy I know was a freshman dating a 7th grader
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2010, 08:42 PM

He has no business dating you. I know, 14 to 16 doesn't sound like a big difference. And you know what, when you're 24 and he's 26, it won't be a big difference. But really, there's a lot that happens between 14 and 16, eight grade and junior year. Why not be friends for now? And hold off on the dating a little longer?
    IamMeyouAreyou Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Jan 30, 2010, 08:44 PM
    The choice I yours but this seems like a bad call. If it is your first boy friend and he is aware of this, he is most likely attempting to take advantage of you.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 30, 2010, 08:48 PM
    You say this is a boy YOU like. You don't say anything about him liking you. The difference is at the edge of acceptable. But, if he asks you and your parents agree. I would say its OK. But you need to be careful. There is a strong probability that he may try to take advantage of you. You need to understand that if he tries, it means he doesn't respect you and he isn't worth it. So you need to put a stop it right then.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 31, 2010, 09:42 AM
    Has he asked you on a date? To where? That's what your parents would want to know, and it would be up to them. 14 is a bit young to start dating with an older fellow. Especially not having any dating experience at all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are you smarter than a fifth grader? [ 46 Answers ]

Jeff Foxworthy is funny here. glumbert.com - Are you smarter than a 5th grader?

An 8th grader dating a junior? [ 5 Answers ]

Well I'm the 8th grader and my boyfriend is going to be a junior. I just want to know do you think its right? Because I know freshman date seniors all the time. We already talked about the sex and making out and stuff and he said he's not going to pressure me to do it and that he can wait 4 all...

Hello, I need a scholarship for an eight grader. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, my sister is in eight grade and she will be graduating next year on may. I'm wondering if anyone knows what kind of grants or scholarship there are in Illinois for incomming high school freshmens.

Is there any thing for an eight grader [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, my sister is in eight grade and she will be graduating next year on may. I'm wondering if anyone knows what kind of grants or scholarship there are in Illinois for incomming high school freshmens. Thank you.

View more questions Search