Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yinness Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2010, 07:07 PM
    Folder lock 6 password forget
    L have forgotten the password to open a folder lock file, what can I do to open the file?
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2010, 11:30 AM

FAQ, Help & Support Questions | Folder Lock

From folder lock themselves. There is no way to get a lost password. There may be brute force cracking software out there. But that'd take a while.

The idea behind a brute force attack, it to try almost any possible combination.

So, if your password contained only numbers and letters, and was case sensitive and only 5 characters long, there would still be 916,132,832 possible passwords. That would take 3.5 days to guess every possible one. But you also have to figure that each additional character is multiply that by like 62 and make it way longer. You may be able to cut down time by using a dictionary attack (known words and combinitions) but you are still looking at a long time.
    yinness Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2010, 07:24 PM

Thank you, I'll try.
    prudhvi1250 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2011, 11:56 AM
    I forget the password for my folderlock 5.9.0 please help me

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Registration number or forgot password solution for FOLDER LOCK software [ 5 Answers ]

Hieee I forgot the password of folder lock software:confused:... then I come to know that we can use registration number if you are a registered user... but I also lost my registration number... Please help so that I can access my important documents... Thanks

Folder lock [ 4 Answers ]

I have an important information about my work . I colected it and I locked them in a program called folder mask . I forget the password I was enterd to lock(mask)this folder I tried hard to open it but I couldn't please help me to open it... thanks

Folder Lock 6= folder protection software [ 1 Answers ]

Folder Lock apparently creates a vault for files/folders that enables privacy via password protected "vault entry" and "file/folder extraction". I was fooled into thinking this was a new Microsoft product... Now I'm stuck... I moved folders into a "vault" and now I am unable to retrieve. Does...

Forget password [ 3 Answers ]

dear all, I have a dell latitude x300 notebook. Unfortunately I lost password for it and couldn't login. This notebook doesn't have a cd and couldn't do new installation please give me you prof advise and guide me what to do to login in my beautiful small. I have a lots of staff in side the...

View more questions Search