Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michaiah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2010, 06:42 PM
    If your child was adopted out do I still owe child support in Ohio?
    After the child is adopted out do u continue to pay child support? Beside th arrears?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 30, 2010, 06:55 PM
    Please pay more attention to posting guidelines. There is a Read First sticky in the Children forum (where this was moved from) that directs questions of a legal nature to this forum.

Once an adoption is finalized you are no longer the legal parent, you have no legal connection to the child. So you cease to owe support as of that date. But you still will owe arrears up to that date.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 30, 2010, 08:37 PM

Was the adoption final ? It often can take a few months after paper work is done. Also don't expect any auto garnishment to just stop, you will have to often send copies of the new court paper work ending the child support

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adopted child trying to seek back child support. [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 23 year old female who was born in Ohio. I have been trying to figure out if I can get a DNA on the two men who are potentially my father, and get back child support. I did not receive any form of government or other support. I really would like to know this! Thank you!

Can you ask for child support on a child if you OWE support for the same child? [ 13 Answers ]

We have had custody of my daughter for 12 years. Tons of things have happened in those years. My daughter has truly shown her true colors. Three years ago she went to live with my mother, who I gave legal guardianship to. She has now done the same things to my mother. She is almost 17 years old and...

When you owe child support and get a warrant out for yourself [ 2 Answers ]

I was just wondering if you owe $500 to the baby's father in child support do and have a warrant in that state like Michigan but you live in Ohio does the warrant following you into Ohio too?

View more questions Search