Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beachyone Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2010, 06:30 PM
    Quad muscle pull
    My daughter pulled her quad muscle today playing softball. She can walk with some pain. Also it's painful if she tries to squat and get back up.
    I was told to ice it and told to put heat on it. Which one should I do?
    HelperHalpert Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2010, 06:52 PM
    Google this question and you'll find many different help forums and advice. Most experts agree that ice in the first few days after the pulled muscle is best -- 20 minutes every 1-2 hours. Don't put it directly on your skin, shield with a light towel. A styrofoam/dixie cup filled with water and frozen usually works well, "massage" the muscle with the ice.

Experts also recommend the "RICE" treatment: Rest, Ice, Compression (wrap an ace bandage around it) and Elevation. Ibuprofen can help with pain as well as some Tiger Balm/Icy Hot, get a lot of sleep, and once it feels better stretch lightly (i.e. laying on stomach and bending knees). Don't overexert too soon!

If it doesn't get better, definitely go see a doctor -- could be strains and/or tears in the muscles.
    HelperHalpert Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2010, 06:52 PM
    Google this question and you'll find many different help forums and advice. Most experts agree that ice in the first few days after the pulled muscle is best -- 20 minutes every 1-2 hours. Don't put it directly on your skin, shield with a light towel. A styrofoam/dixie cup filled with water and frozen usually works well, "massage" the muscle with the ice.

Experts also recommend the "RICE" treatment: Rest, Ice, Compression (wrap an ace bandage around it) and Elevation. Ibuprofen can help with pain as well as some Tiger Balm/Icy Hot, get a lot of sleep, and once it feels better stretch lightly (i.e. laying on stomach and bending knees). Don't overexert too soon!

If it doesn't get better, definitely go see a doctor -- could be strains and/or tears in the muscles.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quad Muscle Pull [ 1 Answers ]

I pulled my quad playing softball 2 weeks ago, I am playing my next game on Sunday, it is still a bit sore, and I know running might cause the strain again, but is there anything I can do to prepare my leg for when I run? Someone told me to tape it up? I tried stretching it and it hurt, should I...

Pulled quad muscle therapy [ 3 Answers ]

I pulled my right quad muscle playing baseball and I took some ib profin to help with pain and swelling. And I iced my quad muscle as well but can I put heat on it as well like 20 minutes after I'm done icing it? Or will putting heat on it make?

Treatment for pulled Quad muscle [ 2 Answers ]

I pulled my quad playing softball 2 weeks ago, I am playing my next game on Sunday, it is still a bit sore, and I know running might cause the strain again, but is there anything I can do to prepare my leg for when I run? Someone told me to tape it up? I tried stretching it and it hurt, should I...

Rehabbing a quad muscle [ 1 Answers ]

I tore my front quad muscle off the bone. I had surgery and am now in rehab but I cannot get my knee to bend more than 90 degrees. What excersizzes should I do?

Quad muscle pull [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter plays volleyball, and recently is having problems with her outer quad muscle. Very painful on lift off.

View more questions Search