Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rizwanmohammed Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2010, 02:26 PM
    Body building in islam
    Assalamu alaikum,
    I have few doubts . Do clarify me with explanations...
    1.can u say what are the rules in islam about body building ? Is it allowed? Can I do body building to keep myself fit and strong?
    2. is it necessary to read kunuth in subah namaz?
    3. can we take wudhu in toilet?
    Mohamed Sadik Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2010, 11:38 PM
    1---Muslims are supposed to take good care of themselves. Healthful sports are not only beneficial, but engaging in them can count as an act of worship, if a person does them in the spirit of worship. (Any beneficial activity is counted the same way.)

However, Muslim men and women must follow Islamic standards of modesty. Both must wear loose, opaque garments,even when with members of their own sex. Men must cover from their navels to knees. Women, when in the company of men who are not close relatives, must cover
    everything except the face and hands. When with other women, they cover the navel to knees rule. For both, there is a strong preference for wearing a shirt as well.

Of course, men and women must not look at other people when they are improperly clothed either.

If these conditions are met, then it is not forbidden for Muslims to engage of bodybuilding.
    (Source: http://en.allexperts.com/q/Islam-947/view-Islam-bodybuilding.htm)

2---If you don't get an answer in 3 days, please click or go to http://www.allexperts.com/user.cgi?m=11&catID=947&expID=49388&qID=4905162

3---Walaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

I pray this finds you in the best of health and spirits.

All surfaces are considered pure (tahir) until certainly established otherwise. [ Shurunbulali, Maraqi al-Falah; Ala' al-Din Abidin, al-Hadiyya al-`Ala'iyya ] For it to be certainly established that the surface is impure, one has to either see the filth itself or its clear traces (namely, its color, smell, or taste).

As such, the floor of even a toilet is considered pure, even if it is wet. Walking on it will not render one's feet impure--and not affect one's wudu in any way.

This returns to the following legal principles: (1) the basis of all things is purity; (2) the basis of anything is akin to operational certainty; (3) certainty is not lifted by doubt; rather, (4) certainty is only lifted by certainty; and (5) doubts and misgivings are ignored. [ibid, and Hamwi, Hashiyat al-Ashbah; and Khadimi/Birgivi, al-Bariqa al-Mahmudiyya Sharh al-Tariqa al-Muhammadiyya]

When there is "reasonable doubt," caution is recommended--if one isn't giving to excessive worrying or misgivings (in which case one ignores all doubts, until such misgivings cease in one's life).

And Allah alone gives success.

Faraz Rabbani
    Sorce: sunni path

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Body building supplements [ 1 Answers ]

Can I safely take both creatine and beta alanine to enhance my workouts to body build?

Body building [ 1 Answers ]

How can I increase the size of biceps.please tell me vegetrian diet.

Who to consult about body building? [ 1 Answers ]

Im curious who would be able to help me best. I want to start working out, I want to get very muscular everywhere so that I look better. Im fairly skinny, so I hear it wouln't be that hard for me. Who would be the best person to consult about how a person my weight, height, etc could build a lot...

Body building [ 2 Answers ]

What norms one should follow when one is starting with body building ?

Body Building affect contraception? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi to all you beautiful women, I'm not sure whether any of you ladies would be able to answer my question, but I have noted that many of you seem rather intelligent, so I shall ask away! My goregous man is a body builder, and I am wondering if it could affect contraception. Daniel does not...

View more questions Search