Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JoeinOrlando Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2006, 07:03 AM
    Florida Heater Problem
    I have a huge all in one package unit at my house cause I live in a manufactured home and the heat was working on "auto"last night but when I woke up this morning the house was cold. My husband told me the Heater did not kick on by itself like last night and the on switch on the thermostat made it work fine. I don't want to run the heater all the time. I was wondering any ideas before I have to spend big dollars? The on switch has it blowing fine but no auto anymore :( please help

Michelle and Joe
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2006, 03:06 PM
    All the fan on switch does is turn on the fan, it has absolutely nothing to do with heat. I'm sorry but I can't begin to tell you what is wrong.
    davatx013 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2006, 10:56 AM
    I am having a similar problem the fan has to be on first before the heater will start. This is so the heat from the unit is sent through the house and doesn't start a fire in unit. My problem is I can't find the right switch to order and replace it. Have you had any luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wall Heater Problem [ 7 Answers ]

My home is heated by an older model Empire wall heater. The heater did not start up last week and I could not figure out the problem so I called a repair man. He found a wire in the heater that had become disconnected and hooked it back up, after which he was able to start the heater by lighting...

Florida/nc residency [ 3 Answers ]

My spouse & I were both NC residents for tax purposes through 2000. In early 2001 I moved to Florida and became a resident. My spouse continued to be a NC resident. In 2001 we filed a joint federal return plus a NC return showing my spouse as a full time resident while I filed as a part time...

I really need to move out of Florida [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I really need to move. My family and myself have our home up for sale and we have a contract on it right now. We just had it appraised two days ago, and haven't heard a thing. Next will be the survey if we get past the appraisal part. Then hopefully next week we will be closing on the...

Water Heater and Furnace strange problem [ 32 Answers ]

Hello, I've had a perfectly operating Gas Water Heater and Gas Furnace system until about 4 weeks ago. For whatever reason, my Gas Furnace stopped and it sort of starts up on its own. It stops whenever we're not in the house and overnight so we wake up freezing with house temperatures around...

Problem with Carrier Central Heater [ 8 Answers ]

Central Heat will not come on unless I flip the breaker on and off in my garage. Then it will stay on until it reaches the temp set on thermostat. Then it shuts off and will not come back on, unless of course... I trip the breaker again.

View more questions Search