Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carrollhuff Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2010, 08:05 AM
    Multipliar 80 electric meter
    Do I pay more on my electric bill by having this multiplier 80? Why do I need it? I recenty bought a commercial building and we want to live in half of it. It's 4,875 sq.ft. Now the electric bill is too high. It increased with winter, using roof heat pump system. Was told these are very inefficient but the a/c on them is great. How can I lower my all (electric) bill?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2010, 12:03 PM
    A multiplier is a commercial rate. Based on demand peak. Check with your utility for a detailed explanation of the billing.

The downside is your plan to reside in part of the building, changing the commercial use to mixed. Be sure to consult with your local planning dept to confirm this can be done.

If you want to be billed for a residential rate, you should check with the utilty to see if your rate can be modified, or you may need to install a separate service and metering just for the residential portion of the building.
    carrollhuff Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2010, 04:29 PM

Thanks, this is helpful. I'll do some checking with the utility co.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Demand Electric Meter [ 4 Answers ]

My electric billing rate is based on my time of day usage and my monthly peak demand. My electric meter is an older style that uses dials to indicate power usage. It also has a digital display that doesn't display anything meaningful. It appears that there is a port on the front of the glass...

Are electric meter sided? [ 6 Answers ]

In other words, given a socket box, does it matter which of line or load is connected one side or the other of the meter? Regards --Campagne

Electric Heat & astronomical electric bills [ 1 Answers ]

We just moved into a new home with a Goodman. We are receiving astronomical electric bills. Our previous home was all electric and we didn't have this problem. We called back the contractor and they didn't find anything wrong. I have since found that the thermostat was set to "Comfort" for the...

What is the avg. Gas p.s.I. From gas meter on the residentcial side of meter [ 2 Answers ]

What is the avg. gas p.s.I. from gas meter on the residentcial side of meter. I think its 5 lbs. I live in Los Angeles, don't know if it changes from state to state.:eek:

Amperage lost from a current transformer to utility's electric meter(?) [ 2 Answers ]

I work for an Electric utility. Have noticed that the actual amperage running through a phase does not match the amperage being sent to the meter with it's proper multiplier from the current transformer (CT)? Example: phase A is using 83 amps. The X1 tap to the meter from the current...

View more questions Search