Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    19needhelp91 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2010, 07:57 AM
    Theft Under $5000 with previous charge.
    Oh kay so my friend was recently charged for shoplifting at zellers for like $100 of goods. A hired shopper caught her and they charged her for stealing and possession of stolen goods because she left the store with it. They called the police and the police came and set up a court date, as charges were pressed. Her first court date is like next week and this is her first stealing offence. She is 18 years of age, BUT the unfortunate thing is that she is currently sitting on another charge involving trafficking. The charge is being resolved with 40 hours of community service, but those hours had just recently started and the date to like, check off those community service hours back at the court is AFTER the first court date for the shoplifting. I am just wondering if having this first charge will affect my friend from getting a diversion in court? Also is it not necessary to hire a lawyer, because she really doesn't want to spend a HEAP of money. She knows there is duty council, so iguess she was hoping they could just solve it. UHM she is attending university for neuroscience, has a job was valedictorian in high school.. blahblah.. will that stuff help to? This is in ontario by the way.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2010, 09:47 AM

Yes, the first arrest causes her to be disqualified from the diversion program - she is a second time offender.

Is this about you or a friend?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What can happen to me with being charge with theft over 5000 [ 1 Answers ]

I am being charge with theft over 5000,also I was told that the crown has refer my case to commercial crime unit whaat does that mean?

Theft Under 5000 charge [ 11 Answers ]

So yesterday I was charged with theft under 5000 at my place of work. The crime entailed stealing 600 dollars from the till. The money went to a group of former employees who I borrowed money off on occasion. They would harass and intimidate me into giving them more money then I originally...

Theft under $5000 charge [ 1 Answers ]

My fiancé and I were caught shop lifting in the RCSS (real canadian superstore). My fiancé put perfume, a watch and a pair of sunglasses into his pocket and than we put it into my purse. I did not touch any of the items or put anything into my own purse. We walked out and we were arrested by...

Theft over 5000 second charge 21 in ontario [ 5 Answers ]

Hey I am 21 I was just charged with theft under 5000 in ontario and now another skeleton has come out of my closet and I will most likely be charged with theft over 5000 and the police wabnt to talk to me tomorrow night, I want to tell the truth and explain what Ive done I want to feel relieved of...

View more questions Search