Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JULIET WRIGHT Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2010, 01:50 AM
    Car accident my car with insurance but no license
    I had a car accident with my car with an insurance cover but no valid license but provisional driving licence which I have accepted liability of,what would be the repercussions
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2010, 09:44 AM

I don't know what you mean by you had an insurance cover - do you mean you had insurance coverage?

What Country or State? I am somewhat confused that someone without a License (or with a provisional License) was able to get insurance.

However, the repercussions are that you are responsible for paying the damages to the other party; you can also be arrested/charged for the status of your License; you can lose your insurance or begin to pay a surcharge for a number of years.
    JULIET WRIGHT Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2010, 01:05 PM
    I have provisional driving licence and my car is insured,but just want to know the implication after the accident.I live in the uk.
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2010, 03:20 PM

Same thing - traffic violation is you were driving outside your license, your insurance pays for the damages, you get surcharged.

What is your specific concern?
    lennys1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2011, 01:11 PM
    Did you get in contact with the police yet? The other party could sue you and get the coverage for fixing his car and also compensations for the troubles you put him through... I really hope it wasn't the case and I really hope I you can prove that we weren't entirely to blame. I had only a car accident since I am a driver and it ended bad for me, I have to pay the fixing costs for the other damaged car with my insurance coverage and thus I couldn't afford to fix my car which was less damaged. I eventually put it into a <a href="http://www.donatecarusa.com/donations/no_charity">donate car</a>, people there can fix whatever is wrong with the car if it's nothing too serious, I wanted to get rid of it anyway so I chose a constructive way of doing so. I was lucky there weren't any legal charges on my name after the accident.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 5, 2011, 02:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Same thing - traffic violation is you were driving outside your license, your insurance pays for the damages, you get surcharged.

What is your specific concern?
    Old thread, obviously. But I would note that OP never said she was at fault.
    Uber Member

May 5, 2011, 02:34 PM

She said she accepted liability (of) - I'm assuming liability for the accident?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 5, 2011, 02:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    She said she accepted liability (of) - I'm assuming liability for the accident?
    OK. You're probably right. I read "provisional driving licence which i have accepted liability of" so that the "which I have accepted liability of" phrase would modify "provisional driving license", not "accident". It didn't even occur to me that acceptance of liablility for a license doesn't really make much sense. I guess I must put more importance to gramatical structure than I should. :(
    Uber Member

May 6, 2011, 07:15 AM

It helps if you wipe all grammar lessons out of your mind, spelling, too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Involved in a car accident, no insurance, no license [ 16 Answers ]

Yesterday I was involved in a car accident. The accident was not my fault, the lady has already agreed it was hers. However, I have a suspended license and no car insurance. She only has liability... does anyone know if her insurance will cover my damages? My car has been totaled and so is hers.

I was in a car accident and the owner of the car had no insurance. [ 6 Answers ]

I don't know what to do... Help

Teenage with no drivers license had car accident [ 4 Answers ]

My 16 year old daughter with no drivers license drove her 17 year old boyfriends car - he was drunk - she had a fender bender when they slipped on some ice. No police report was filed since it happened at the house where they were having the underage drinking party.(the parents of the party...

Car insurance without US license [ 1 Answers ]

I am moving to California and would like to get an insurance for my sts-v cad? I don't have a US license yet, only european. I would like to get an insurance but don't know where to find a policy with european/international licence. Thanks!

Car accident againts a driver who has no license and uninsured. [ 3 Answers ]

I got in a car accident against a driver who has no license and uninsured. The accident happened when I ran a yellow in an intersection and I got hit on my right my car. Five months later I got a call from my insurance company that just told me that I can't win the case anymore for the fact that...

View more questions Search