Joaquina Posts: 37, Reputation: 0

Jan 30, 2010, 12:08 AM
    What does co. means?
    Company or corporation?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2010, 12:35 AM
    Hi, Joaquina!

It could mean either one of them, depending on the context in which it's used.

What is the context in which it's being used, please?

Thanks!
    Joaquina Posts: 37, Reputation: 0

Jan 30, 2010, 12:39 AM

Thanks Clough,

I have this scenario:

2. You buy 1000 shares of ABC Co. at $6 per share. The company is sued for millions of dollars, and ABC Co. is forced into bankruptcy. The newspaper stated that the cost of this suit would amount to $12 per share of stock.

Question:
    What is the maximum amount of money you can lose with this investment? Why?

My answer is:
    The maximum amount of money I can lose is $6,000 (1000 shares x $6) because, as a corporation shareholder, I have limited liability and I can never lose more than what I invested even though the corporation has unlimited liability.

But I am not sure if I am giving the correct interpretation...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Does anyone know what this means? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello - I found this patch in my line of work, and am intresting if someone can tell me what this symbol means or what it stands for. The only thing close to what I got is something from the Freemasons, 'The Triangle' , wich is also with keys upside down, but there are only 2. In the picture I...

How would anyone change their identity by their own means or by professional means? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi fellow users I am conducting research on this matter to aid myself look for a loved one who has not been seen for six years. I suspect that my friend has changed their identity and I need to understand how this can be done.

I don't know what it means [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, It is destined to be a silly question. But please let me know. I was walking with my boyfriend, and I heard the sound of a bird. So I asked my boyfriend what bird it was. He told me he didn't see the bird, so he didn't know. And then I pointed to the bird for him. But he said, "never...

Can anyone tell what this means? [ 8 Answers ]

I had a dream a few nights ago it was quite traumatic, I dreamt my parents sold my car and forced me to drive a car I really didn't want to and when I tried I couldn't, as much as I tried it wouldn't work and started spinning out of control, then it switched to my friends village where I was with...

Do you know what this means? [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone out there know what the term or phrase "monter au beurre" means as a culinary reference? We know that it has something to do with sauces... Thanks for looking at our question and for tying to help us answer it!

View more questions Search