Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pandapaws Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2010, 10:42 PM
    Postnatal bleeding at 10 weeks
    Its going on to 11 weeks now & I've been bleeding since I had my child. My midwife told me to get a scan done but it will cost $230 because I'm over 6 weeks and I don't have that sort of money.
    When I gave birth to my child I lost about 1.6 litres of blood and my placenta was being difficult to come out. They did get it out in the end, I don't have an infection in the uterus, I've already had a test for that.
    Please help!
    rosemcs Posts: 325, Reputation: 47

Jan 29, 2010, 11:09 PM

Did you have insurance for your birth? Can't you use the same insurance for your ob/gyn? The longest you should be bleeding is generally 6 weeks. They have financial departments to help you and if they refuse, a hospital may be able to help you financially. You must go for your own safety, even if you have to borrow the $$. Please go right away as it could be very serious.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bleeding for 3 weeks [ 1 Answers ]

My period came on time, started light as usual.. but never got heavy? After about a week I just started spotting. And it's been almost 3 weeks and hasn't stopped. Any ideas? They will be GREATLY appreciated.

Why am I bleeding at 12 weeks! [ 3 Answers ]

I am twelve weeks pregnant today I am bleeding for the last week, I have no cramps, the blood ranges from brown to red and is generally light, I am very scared as I had a miscarraige at 16 weeks before but with heavy bleeding but again no cramps, ultrasound scan says that the baby is fine, my...

Bleeding for 5 weeks? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi All! I am 29, have two children ages 4 and 2 and had a miscarriage in early August. I had an almost normal cycle after, then my second cycle I spotted a little bit, now my third cycle I've been bleeding/spotting for the past 5 weeks! My doctor says it's just mixed up hormones from the...

Bleeding for several weeks [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 22 year old (female, obviously). I have recently started taking birth control pills again. I am sexually active, but always use condoms. For the last 2 weeks, I have been bleeding. It started like a spotting, usually after sex. After a few days, it was basically my period, which would...

View more questions Search