Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gettingpr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2010, 07:43 PM
    Pr rules in australia for students 2010
    I have got tra and I am getting my paid exp from last 5 months I want to apply pr straight not tr is that possible according to new pr 2010 rules
    hagerard Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2010, 11:21 PM
    I have got TR till 2011 march. I have got a 3 year Business management ( accounting ) degree in may 2009 & I'm 23 years, My aunty will give a sponsor letter too. Am I eligible to apply for PR now under new 2010 immigration rules.

ANITA
    0172 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2010, 06:40 AM

What are the new visa rules for commercial cookery students
    0172 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2010, 06:51 AM
    What are the new pr rules of feb for cookery students in australia
    deep77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2010, 12:52 AM
    Dear Friend rules are the same for all, but u need to get your IELTS 6.0 for TRA as well as 900 hours volunteer experience as per jan 2010 rules. Everybdy will get TR for 18 months after completing studies. But after that they need to show paid experience as well as to be ready for a trade test.
    hanji Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2010, 10:02 PM
    New rules that going to effect students of cookery, community welfare, hairdressing , accounting (execpt registred with CPA) and some I.T professions. The new draft SOL list realeased by skills Australia and these occupations are not on that list. Its not final yet but still it's a big concern that its going to be the final list. This list can be find at follwing link http://www.skillsaustralia.gov.au/PDFs_RTFs/WWF_strategy.pdf
    If this SOL list come into effect then NONE of these students can apply PR. Even they will not be able to apply for T.R. This rule will not effect to those who applied for PR or TR before 8 February 2010. If u have any more questions then just ask me on [email protected]

Apr 24, 2010, 10:02 PM

New rules that going to effect students of cookery, community welfare, hairdressing , accounting (execpt registred with CPA) and some I.T professions. The new draft SOL list realeased by skills Australia and these occupations are not on that list. Its not final yet but still it's a big concern that its going to be the final list. This list can be find at follwing link http://www.skillsaustralia.gov.au/PD...F_strategy.pdf
    If this SOL list come into effect then NONE of these students can apply PR. Even they will not be able to apply for T.R. This rule will not effect to those who applied for PR or TR before 8 February 2010. If u have any more questions then just ask me on [email protected]
    trustx Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2010, 09:11 AM
    So Hanji what do you think?. I am from indonesia.. I want to take overseas study in melb in deakin for MBA/M Professional Accounting.. I look at CSL australia release on march 2010.. say's that "Accountant -- where the applicant has achieved a score of at least IELTS 7 in each of the four competencies, and/or has completed The Professional Year – Skilled Migration Internship Program Accounting (SMIPA)" so if I already complete my 2 years study, I will eligible for apply PR in australia? Or we must take IELTS test no less than 7 and four competencies.. or as you say that accounting registered with CPA mean already pass a Australian CPA test?
    trustx Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2010, 09:14 AM

Because I talk with my agent.. they say "very hard to get job as accounting in australia especialy from immigrant" it that a true statement or just rumors? Because if you want to take a job.. you must hold a Permanent Resident.. and how I can get PR in australia with a new policy of immigrant 2010?

May 28, 2010, 01:21 AM

Hello trustx new rules for accounting is that you need to get 7 in each four acadamic moudles of Ielts if you want to get T.R or P.R in Australia under new rules which came on 17th May 2010. Your agent is saying right, that its very hard to get acconting job in Australia for a migrant. So if you want to be permanent resident in Australia and want good job as well then you can study nursing, midwife, childcare for girls and boys can do welding, pharmacy, you can also see new SOL list which replaced the old SOL( Skilled occpation List)
    http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...ccupations.pdf

If you are a cookery , community welfare , hairdressing or bakery student then you have to get employer sponsorship and then you can be pamanenet resident in Australia. As per new immigration rules on 17may 2010, students of cookery commuinty welfare and hairdressing can't apply for Genral Skilled migration permanent visa 175,176 offshore and 885,886 onshore. However they can apply for a 485 skilled graduate visa. If any questions then ask me on>Removed<

May 28, 2010, 01:26 AM

Hi Anita
    If you get sponsorship from your Aunt if she is your real aunt( sister of your dad) then you can apply for permanenet residence under family sponsored visa 886.
    If you have any question just ask me on >Removed<
    dhaliwal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2010, 05:19 AM
    I havv completed my study in may I also got TRA can I apply for PR without ielts test

Jun 3, 2010, 05:55 AM

Hi dhaliwal
    According new rules you can apply for P.R if you are already on T.R or applied for T.R before 8 feb 2010. You can provide your ielts results with 7 in each later when your file opens.
    chinu_rana Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2010, 08:10 AM
    Can any one tell me what are the new rules for cookery students.is it finish or still we can apply for t.r who did not finish their study yet?

Jun 5, 2010, 08:01 PM

Hi chinu
    You still can apply for t.r but you need to finish studies.get suitable skill assessment and get 6 in each ielts
    jiyanionline Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2010, 06:54 AM
    I already applied for my PR in MAY 2008 on my husband's degree which is cokkery and my real brother gave us sponsorship ,so I'm on my bridging visa now with subclass 886 and still waiting for result to get PR from last 2 years but I recentlu heatd that Australian parlament passing new rules under Australian migration amendment bill 2010 that who ever applied for PR , TR , bridging visa (coockry , hair dressing) they will cancelled their application and they will give them time to live country within 1 month .so here it is site you can check this rules www.aph.gov.au then click parlinfo search, in search type 'australian migration amendment( visa capped ) bill 2010 "this is new law passed by Australian parlament to sendback all overseas student . So what do you think is it true and what will happen to my PR file?
    har131313 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2010, 10:07 PM
    What about PhD students? Ey get permanent residency or not?
    Thanks in advance.
    har131313 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2010, 10:09 PM

What about phD students ? Are they eligible to apply PR or not? Earlier they had 25 points extra for phD degree.
    andysimi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2010, 04:28 PM
    What's new rules of cookery
    Dou2910 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2010, 02:53 AM
    Hi Hangi,

This is the first time I get onto this blog and I would like some information. I am an international student in Australia for the pass two and a half year I just completed my degree and will be graduate really soon. I am currently living in melbourne under my student visa and was willing to apply for permant residency but I am afraid because of the new rules 2010. I have a BA Arts I know it is not on the SOL list and would never ba but I have an uncle living in Brisbane for the past 23 year and who is willing to sponsor me if needed. What should I do first to be eligible for that as I really don't want to waste my time and money if I would never become a permanent resident. Can you please help

Kind Regards,
    Dominique

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New rules for pr in australia from 2010 [ 3 Answers ]

I am dooing cookery and I have completed one smester. Some people said that there is no pr in cookery is it right?what are the new rules for cookery and how many bands we need in this

New immigration rules 2010 for pr [ 5 Answers ]

My name is vik. I already applied tr in cookery in may 2009. . I'm waiting for my result. So when my tr succesfull I have to get 6 band each or not. Can I have to go for all these processes. Can I start paid work exp before my tr results comes. What requirement I have to show for pr. Answer me in...

New rules for pr in australia [ 2 Answers ]

Actually I'm planning to join cookery from feb 5, 2010. Is this course is stiil in demand list course?

2010 IRS rules changing basis of inherited prop? [ 9 Answers ]

I was told by a person at IRS that in 2010: the basis of inherited prop will change from the FMV at time of death of the decedent to the descendants adj basis at time of purchase. The same person at IRS mentioned the law will change back to the way it was in 2009. If this is true I may lose some...

View more questions Search