Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    inquisitive123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2010, 06:04 PM
    CA: Filing a second motion after filing Notice of Motion & Motion for Child Sup. Mod.
    In California Family Court, I recently filed a Notice of Motion and Motion for Simplified Modification of Order to reduce child support due to a job loss followed by a new job at much lower pay. I have a court date on February 23, 2010. Going through prior court documents from a hearing in 2008, I see that the judge reserved judgment for reimbursement of airline ticket cancellation fees related to the children's visitation. I would now like to file a motion to ask for that reimbursement. What forms do I use to make that request at the February hearing? Will the court hear a second motion if it is being done at the same time as a Motion of Simplified Modification?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 29, 2010, 06:09 PM

Did you have a loss pertaining to lost fees of airline tickets for the children ?
    inquisitive123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2010, 05:31 PM
    Yes. My ex-wife refused to fly the children down for their Summer visitation and pay the airfare as it was her turn to pay. I went to court in an ex-parte hearing in June 2008, and the judge ordered me to buy the plane tickets with reimbursement of the cost subject to a future, scheduled hearing. After I e-mailed my ex-wife a week later telling her I had bought the tickets as the judge ordered, she bought a duplicate set of airline tickets two days later because she wanted to fly the kids out of an airport six hours away from her home so she could visit her sister in that town. At the July hearing, the judge said he would reserve judgment on the reimbursement of my cancellation fees at a future hearing. The tickets were noncancellable, but I used them for the next year's visitation with the children. However, I incurred over $200 in change fees.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Filing a motion ? [ 1 Answers ]

How do file a motion ?

Filing a motion to compel [ 2 Answers ]

I have custory on the minor childern, and I am asking for a incease in support because of hard times... she said she is not going to give me any information. Does anybody know how to file a motion to compel to the court for I can get the court to order it

Filing a motion [ 1 Answers ]

I filed a motion with the courts for not getting the financial and the interrogatories. I just got a letter from my soon to be ex-wife attorney. Stating that I didn't send them no financial or other documents. Now I had my wife served by the Sheriff Dept. All the doc's were in the package. I have...

Need motion in opposition to defendants motion for summary judgement & TO STOP Thief [ 5 Answers ]

Good day all,received a motion in the mail "plaintiff's motion for default judgement as to defendents xxxxxx,xxxxxx,xxxxxx, and judgement on the pledings as to defendant xxxxxxx (state gov agency that sold the tax deed ) this case is about a overlooked tax lein sold against my grandmothers house ...

View more questions Search