Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nylon-addict Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2010, 05:21 PM
    Why do I feel like I'm being pricked by pins?
    Lately I've experiencing something like needles pricking me all over,itching and shortness of breath and I wonder what could be causing this,also in an unrelated matter my right knee's been hurting for nearly 3 months now,and I wonder what could be causing this,thanks and please answer me as soon as possible.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2010, 05:59 PM

You need to see a doctor about your symptoms. The needles thing can be some sort of neurologic disorder. You could have a pinched nerve somewhere causing this symptom. As far as your knee is concerned, have you injured your knee or did it start just hurting all by itself one day? You could possibly have the beginnings of arthritis in your knee. The shortness of breath has me very worried about you. For that reason alone I would see a doctor. You may have the beginnings of asthma.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 29, 2010, 08:54 PM

Sounds more like a alergic reaction but in all cases esp with breathing issues, a doctor visit is a must
    prwoowrp Posts: 20, Reputation: -2

Jan 31, 2010, 12:29 PM

My ex mother-in-law complained about similar symptoms (except for the breathing problem). She said it was fibromyalgia or something like that. I don't think it's a recognized disorder in the medical community as yet though. But definitely don't take my word for it, I'm nowhere near being a doctor.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2010, 09:19 AM

Fibromyalgia is, in fact, recognized by the medical community.

Do you get your medical info the same place you get your legal info?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pins and needles [ 2 Answers ]

2years ago I started to get a sharpe pain in my left shoulder blade it shot through in stages like sharp daggers,it moved around the shoulder area in different times of the day with no pattern,it then moved in under my rib cage area and adventually into my left breast. Which then only went into my...

Pins & Needles [ 10 Answers ]

My 14yr old daughter is suffering from pins & needles. Every time she crosses her legs she starts getting pins & needles it tends to last for about 5-10mins. I'm starting to get quite worried about this as it is happning more & more. Should I get her checked out and what is the reason for this?

Pins & Needles [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have had Pins & Needles in the left side of my left hand for 5-6 days now, it sometimes dies down but never actually stops, like right now its really bad, doesn't hurt, just annoying pins & needles! It starts at the top of my little finger in my left hand, keeps in line with my little finger...

Olympic pins [ 1 Answers ]

I have a collection of 1996 olympic pins.. and I would like to know how to find out how much they are worth I may be interested in selling them.

View more questions Search