Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rdbroeker Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jan 29, 2010, 02:46 PM
    The Petry Company has $1,312,500 in current assets and $525,000 in current liabilitie
    The Petry Company has $1,312,500 in current assets and $525,000 in current liabilities. Its initial inventory level is $375,000, and it will raise funds as additional notes payable and use them to increase inventory. HOW MUCH CAN PETRY'S SHORT-TERM DEBT (NOTES PAYABLE) INCREASE WITHOUT PUSHING ITS CURRENT RATIO BELOW 2.0?
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2010, 10:14 PM

Please see the guidelines for posting homework problems:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/financ...-b-u-font.html

Jan 30, 2010, 09:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by morgaine300 View Post
    Please see the guidelines for posting homework problems:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/financ...-b-u-font.html
    Sorry... I'm a new user... I didn't see the place to post until after I had already submitted. My apologies.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2010, 09:41 AM
    Hi, rdbroeker!

If you post what you think is the answer as well as how you arrived at it, you'll be more likely to have someone knowledgeable come along to confirm whether you're correct, and if not, to show you how you can come up with the correct answer.

Thanks!

Jan 31, 2010, 02:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, rdbroeker!

If you post what you think is the answer as well as how you arrived at it, you'll be more likely to have someone knowledgeable come along to confirm whether or not you're correct, and if not, to show you how you can come up with the correct answer.

Thanks!
    I'm learning. It took a bazillion more tries, and then finally it came to me.
    You have to increase current liabilities as well as current assets by X to arrive at the given ratio...
    ArcSine Posts: 969, Reputation: 106

Jan 31, 2010, 03:23 PM
    Ding, ding, we have a winner!

For the standard expression for current ratio

... get the problem teed up as the inequality...

... and then solve it for x (remembering that x in this case represents a positive quantity). You'll end up with a statement that x must be no more than some particular amount--and of course if you set x equal to such amount, the current ratio will be precisely 2.0. Nice job, rdbroeker!
    Bjray1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2010, 03:28 AM
    $262,500 is the correct answer
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2010, 06:06 PM

Bjray1, the thread is from January. And we also do not just give answers for homework - we try to help them understand it, check their work, etc. You've posted without bothering to even read the entire thread. Read post #2 where the link to the homework guidelines are.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Current assets & current liability [ 4 Answers ]

Could anybody explain how current assets and current liability balances can be used in the preparation of the cash flow statement. I will very grateful for any help. Thank you.

Difference between current assets and current liabilites [ 4 Answers ]

This homework problem is killing me. I've been at it for days and it's due at midnight tonight... 2 1/2 hours. I need to find the difference between the current assets and current liabilities. Then, I need to find the total assets and net income or loss. GRRRR> Please help! Here's the info...

Current assets and current liabilities [ 1 Answers ]

What does it mean to "match" current assets and current liabilities? What is the advantage of this strategy?

Current ratio and non current assets [ 1 Answers ]

How do I know what each makes contains. current assets 25,000 liabilities 40,000 equity 55,000 non current assets=80,000 ( Is this correct) non current 60,000

Current & Non-Current Assets [ 3 Answers ]

Why is classification of Assets into Current & Non-Current necessary? Or not necessary?

View more questions Search