Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    momasoul Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2010, 02:18 PM
    No water supply valve to toilet
    Live in mobile home which uses a rubber flex tubing to bring water into the home. My toilet doesn't have a watersupply valve connected to such tubing. How would I add a shut off valve to my toilet. Not having a shut off valve connected to the fill line leaves me to go outside to shut off water using the main shut off valve.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2010, 02:39 PM

Rubber flex tubing? Do you mean plastic PVC tubing instead? Are you handy doing this type of thing? YOu need to make sure you have enough tubing to be able to cut and splice in a shut off valve for starters. Then you add the shut off valve (about $5-$6) and properly crimp or use clamps onto the existing tubing.

If you do not feel comfortable doing this repair yourself call in a handyman to do it for you. The last thing you want to happen is if you did it wrong and the shut off connections were not put on correctly and you sprang a leak in the middle of the night.

Also, if you do hire a handyman you might want him to put shut off valves on all your water lines in your home to all your sinks in the bathroom and the kitchen sink. Also, have him put a shut off valve on your hot water cold water intake line. Then if your hot water heater needs replaced you can at least use the water in the house without the whole house having to be turned off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaky toilet water supply valve [ 2 Answers ]

The water supply valve on my toilet is leaking right at the knob to turn the water on/off. Can I fix this or do I need a plumber?

Toilet Water supply valve is dripping. [ 2 Answers ]

Can I repair the valve? Or, do I have to replace it? If repair any advice?

Replacing Water Supply Valve for Toilet [ 2 Answers ]

I have a water supply valve that supplies water to the toilet. The valve is not made with a removal flex line fitting. Instead it has a galvanized flex tube that is a valve and tube combo (1 piece) with a valve shutoff handle. You can see where I am going with this... I want to change it out...

Toilet Water Supply Shutoff Valve problems [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My problem is this; When I turn the toilet water supply valve I don't hear any water flow sound anymore, so the only way we can flush the toilet is to fill up a bucket with water and pour it down. Before we had the same problem but what we would have to do is turn on the faucet to the tub...

Water supply valve leaking [ 3 Answers ]

Friends- I asked about water supply valve leaking a couple of weeks ago. Just got to repairing it. With some difficulty I got the packing around the stem and wonder of wonders the valve does not leak. Thank you. However, when I turned on the water supply to the house (There was no other turn...

View more questions Search