Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    silent007 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2010, 01:51 PM
    Can I still win her back or should I give up?
    Threads merged, please keep all questions regarding the same issue in the same thread

My ex broke up with me 2 months agao. I think at the time her reasons where she thoght we had nothing in coomon since then she has said different things etc, I think she felt she wasn't making me happy.

Thing is, she had a lot of bad traits. Swearing using abusive language. Slagging people off. Friends and family etc.

Thing is righ tupuntil the day we split. She always said how much she loved me and made me feel so special..

Back at exmas time she go tfed up of me txting her and told me to delete her no and not to conatct her, because I missed her os much I kept sending the odd text.

Any way recently, she text me saying gi will only text you once. We won't be getting back together, I don't want or need it..

Thing is she blames me for my faults for splitting up. I tried to explain to her that her actions of anger etc made me react to her.. its like she loaded the gun and I fired it..

Any way I sent her a text telling her some home truths about her personality and she obviously didn't like it, she said you are upsetting me telling my what a bad person I am. Its been over 2 months and you are still harasing me, I've kept your abusive texts and if you continue to contact me I will go to the police.

Now believe me. I've been in no way threatening or abusive. I've just clearly stated clear facts about her and what she done to our relationship.

My main question is. If I leave her be and don't contact her. Is she ever likely to realise her faults, miss me, and at some point get in touch? Or is the threat of police action her way of saying she hates me and dispises me?

I can't believe she has turned so hostile just because I sent a coupel txt's talking about her personality and how it messed up the relationshiop. Or do home truths hurt.

Thing is I had to delete my account on a dating site because she is on there and I can't stand looking ta her daily...

What's your opninon guys?
    zooropa1985 Posts: 255, Reputation: 43

Jan 29, 2010, 02:05 PM

Hmmmmm to be honest I don't really think there's anything you can do, its over.

She threatened to call the police if you keep texting her, What does that tell you?

I understand that you want her back but its time to face facts and let her go, she seems like quite a nasty person and frankly you'd be better off without her.

I know you won't want or even take this advice at the minute but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop texting her, for your own good.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2010, 02:09 PM

She asked you to leave her alone; you need to leave her alone. Period.

I'm sorry, but that's the way it goes.

Time to focus on you and getting yourself back to normal. It's only been two months - I'm sure your heart is still hurting and you feel like you won't make it.

But, you will. You'll make it and you'll be fine. Keep your chin up. :)
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 29, 2010, 02:15 PM

Any way recently, she text me saying I will only text you once. We won't be getting back together, I don't want or need it..
    That's a strong enough hint to me. Take her at her word, and disappear from her life.
    if I leave her be and don't contact her. Is she ever likely to realize her faults, miss me, and at some point get in touch? Or is the threat of police action her way of saying she hates me and despises me?
    She hates and despises you, and you may be an old man before she realizes she is a classless fruitcake. I hope you realize that she isn't worth your time before then.
    I can't believe she has turned so hostile just because I sent a couple text's talking about her personality and how it messed up the relationship. Or do home truths hurt.
    Sure they hurt, and made her mad, but obviously solved nothing so, as said before, take the hint, realize its over with, and move on by disappearing from her life.
    thing is I had to delete my account on a dating site because she is on there and I can't stand looking at her daily...
    Get another dating site. There are more than one , you know.
    zooropa1985 Posts: 255, Reputation: 43

Jan 29, 2010, 02:18 PM

I want to add that I know you came here looking for us to say "go for it" and "yea she'll come back to you" yet we've said the opposite.

You will no doubt ignore us and that's OK but please don't leave this site without looking at a few other threads and maybe asking a few more questions for advice.

I know this because I was in the same shoes you are in now and I hated the answers I got.

Two and a half years later I'm happy again and I'm glad I got the honestly here that I did.
    321543 Posts: 72, Reputation: 10

Jan 29, 2010, 02:31 PM

Better now than divorce court.

You are simply attracted to either the sex or the bad side of her.

Take it from me, stay away. If it is this bad now it will only grow larger later.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jan 29, 2010, 04:18 PM

I think you feed off each other and that is not healthy in relationship. It sounds like she has some negative qualities that did not and do not make her a suitable 'girlfriend' for you.

You can't change how she is. Only she can do that IF and WHEN she wants to make the change. Part of her making that change would probably be moving away what she sees as a contributing factor to her negative qualities.

The only person you can really affect is yourself. Look at what this relationship taught you about yourself and what you want in a girlfriend and relationship. Take your time. Build up your friendships and yourself. When you are ready, look for those qualities in the females you are interested in. If the female already possesses those qualities, then you won't be as tempted to try to remake her into your ideal of a girlfriend.

I would suggest staying away from dating sites for awhile. You seem like you might allow yourself to end up in a rebound relationship instead of giving yourself time to heal and get rid of the baggage from this past relationship.

Get out and meet new people. Make new friends. Rebuild relationships (friendships and family) that suffered while you were going out with this person. Get your life back to being your life.

Jan 29, 2010, 04:46 PM
    Can I reply and let me give you an update, before I had a chance to read your replies. I was reading an online article on how to get your ex back there was one thing I took notice of and set to work and tried it with my ex..

I sent her one text saying " i have been doing some thiking, i realise you were right to end the relationship as there were differences we never resolved, i know i went a bit crazy after but iv realised i couldnt handle the rejection, im not a nasty person by choice you should know this from the times we shared together.. i accept we are over but wanted to say from my heart how sorry i am for any pain or hurtfull words iv said.. I'm setting you free from my mind so i can start a new chapter in my life. please forgive me ai am truly sorry, you wont hear from me again good luck and no hard feeling's"

She replied a thew hours later saying "i dont think you are a bad person, you did act harshley after but thats understandable. i dont wish you ill, good luck x "

I didn't even put a kiss on my text and she did, hmm yet 5 days agao when she sent a text saying we wouldn't get back together and take care etc she didn't use a kiss.. does this mena I have got to her. Or that I have sofened her up in any way? It's got me a reply I never thought I would.

Can any one comment?
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2010, 04:50 PM

No. It does not mean that she wants to get back together.

It means that she appreciated the apology and believes that you have realized that you treated her wrong and acted crazy.

That's all.

Don't read into it. She told you to leave her alone. Now that you've apologized, leave her alone.

Or, she will follow through and call the cops. At least, I would.
    J. Sparks Posts: 69, Reputation: 15

Jan 29, 2010, 05:36 PM

The relationship sounds like it was toxic and from your description
    She sounds like she's full of negativity.

I'd leave it, for someone who is positive.

Jan 29, 2010, 05:38 PM
    And she has now text again and being all nice.. huh. Why now. She has had 2 months to do this. 4 days ago she was thretening me she would phone the police if I text her any more and now she is being so nice even if it is to wish me luck
    CarrotTalker Posts: 392, Reputation: 189

Jan 29, 2010, 07:40 PM

She sounds like a real psycho. One second hates you, the next she loves you.

I know its hard, but it would be best for you to distance yourself from her.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jan 29, 2010, 08:11 PM

Did you ever read our replies to your first post? If not, please do so.
    Expert

Jan 29, 2010, 09:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by silent007 View Post
    and she has now text again and being all nice.. huh. why now. she has had 2 months to do this. 4 days ago she was threatening me she would phone the police if i text her any more and now she is being so nice even if it is to wish me luck
    Can't you see as long as you kiss her butt, and take all the blame (which you don't believe, IF we can believe you ) then of course she will be nice. She accepted your apology, now leave her alone and ignore her texts.

What makes you think she has somehow become willing to change her personality, and stop doing the things you have accused her of? She hasn't, and won't as long as you keep accepting that kind of behavior from her that you have been.

A guy who gets dumped, and threatened, after telling the truth should be happy to stay dumped! I advise you to see beyond the nicey nicey behavior, and remember why she dumped you in the first place. Because you told her how you honestly felt.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2010, 01:44 AM

No more contact-stay away from the mess and go do your own thing as in living your life and ignore the drama.

Time to move on.

Feb 4, 2010, 06:33 AM
    What can i do.
    since I split from my ex which is now 2 months agoi still can't come to terms with how for the entire 5 month relationship she did nothing less than praise me and tell me how much she loved me...

Even though it was her choice to part company she was the one actually going down the road of no contact and telling me not to contact her...

I have tried to reason with her and ask her why she has finished it and as time goes on her reason's seem to change rapidly.. When we first split up it was all my fault and now it's a case of we just didn't work out no one's to blame, you don't need to change your fine as you are, gave me the if some one really loves you they won't try and change you! But she claims she never did try and change me..

I'm still none the wiser as to why she came to the conclusion that we are no longer suited to each other...

When we met on a dating site last year, it was her first day on the site and she found me. Needless to say 3 days later we were both off the site and so happy with each other, 2 months on she has gone back on the dating web site, but so far has not found any one in 3 weeks. I kind of take that as a compiment knowing that I'm a better guy than most on the site and that's why she hasn't found any one as quick as she did with me, I feel we are made for each other, to me she is my soul mate..

what can I do if any thing to try and win her back?> should I even try? Is there any hope? I've tried no contact but I always end up contacting her over something, and 9/10 times she will ignore me any way..

I know this sound stupid to want to chase this girl, or why am I still worried about her after she has distanced her self from me.. I just can't believe how I went from being the love of her life to nothing over night..

Is distance likely to show her what she is missing? She said to me she never goes back, but I told her well some time sin life you have to make exceptions...

How do I even begin to make her understand or realsie what she has lost?
    Expert

Feb 4, 2010, 07:12 AM

Starting a new thread will not get you different answers you want to hear.

Sooner or later you will be tired of chasing a ghost whose words got you hooked, but for sure her words, and actions, are now saying the same thing, leave her alone, because she is exploring her own options, and opportunities, and thats exactly what you should be doing.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2010, 07:26 AM

It is all a process, one we have all gone through, but there will come a day when you don't give a toss about oul what's-her-name.

If she was your soul mate she would not have broken up with you for this ever changing reason and she definitely would not have played head games after she did.

You got on well, had a good time and have now parted ways.

That's it in a nutshell. The nicest way it can be put. Now it's time to accept that.

I don't know if you have been talking to her, but if you had you need to stop.

You are only giving yourself false hope.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2010, 07:27 AM

Stop running head first into brick walls, all it does is give you a headache!

Feb 4, 2010, 07:49 AM

I find myself giving the same advice to people in the same situation as myself, why is it os hard to listen to one's own advice let alone every one else's?.

Close friends and family including a counselor I saw have all said she has a problem and I was mis treated.. Still in my eye's none of us are perfect..

Truth is my life just doesn't have the same appeal as it did with out her. I'm lost, I don't really know what my perpous is other than to eat and survive..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How To Win Her Back [ 6 Answers ]

I really don't know what to do to win her back :confused: We were together for about 13 months, then it ended. :( We started having arguments over the most stupid things She then started seeing some one to take her mind of me, but that didn't work, I was very very upset as it was just...

How to win your ex back? [ 16 Answers ]

Is it worth it to try to win your ex boyfriend even you caught him with someoneelese and when you ask him who is she and he said she's his wife? I was confused he said to me he wants to have babay with me but he lied to me about her

Win 98se back to win 98 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, Does anybody know if it is possible to backout an installation of win 98se. A friend of mine installed a USB hub on his win 98 machine and when asked for the drivers he inserted a win 98se disk and the machine tried to go through the upgrade procedure. At some point this upgrade...

Can I win her back? [ 2 Answers ]

I had been going out with my girlfriend for 10 months. I am 26 and she has just turned 22. She had been on a university placement in a nearby country for most of this time and we made a point of seeing each other every 2-3 weeks. In addition, we communicated at least once a day using an internet...

Win her back or let her go. [ 28 Answers ]

I met the most amazing person in the world 6 years ago, we have been together ever since... She has had a lot of crap in her life and over last few months has been very distant pushing me away and being quite nasty.. We split up recently (she broke up with me) and now she is kind of seeing...

View more questions Search