Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CSGroup Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2010, 03:59 AM
    What is the best way to bond Unplasticed PVC to ABS (Acrilo-Butile Styrene)?
    We are currently having problems with our current bonding method. We bond the Unplasticed PVC to ABS and then cut a chanel out of our PVC, effectively turning it into two separate pieces both bonded to the ABS.

However the bond isn't strong enough and when we cut the PVC it is moving and eventually becoming unbonded.

What is the best/strongest way to bond these two substances?
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2010, 12:49 AM
    Have you considered a nonadhesive bond? Like a pressure bond like some sort of clamping or binding.

Anyway...
    WO-1802 Acrylic Adhesive
    WO-1007 Vinyl Adhesive
    SC-325 Polycarbonate Adhesive

http://www.rplastics.com/weldon1802.html

http://www.eplastics.com/Plastic/ABS-Glue

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abs to pvc [ 1 Answers ]

How to hook 4 inch abs to pvc pipe?

Pvc or abs [ 1 Answers ]

I'm building a potato cannon but I don't know rather to use pvc or abs piping:mad: I'm mainly looking for power of my potato cannon but I don't know witch plastic piping is stronger please Help:confused:

ABS/PVC Connections? [ 1 Answers ]

Replaceing a sink that is deeper. In trying to route the new pipe to the existing drainpipe, I need to be able to connect to it. Is it OK to use All-Purpose glue that I use for PVC to connect a PVC pipe to a ABS coupler? I know that the rubber/metal jacket is probably the best way, but will the PVC...

Can I glue styrene fitting to PVC? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I just recently purchased a quantity of 4" PVC sewer & drain pipe to drain the water from my downspouts to a small drainage lake in my backyard. I asked the supply house for PVC pipe and fittings, but when I got home, I discovered that the fittings are stamped as 'styrene', while the pipe...

Abs Vs Pvc [ 4 Answers ]

Just wondering what the differences are between ABS and PVC pipes, other than the color? Why is ABS almost always used for drains? Thanks ;)

View more questions Search