Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MancillChicago Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2010, 07:12 PM
    I am trying to get my new cleaning business off the ground
    Hello all,

My name is Mancill, I am 28 and live in Westmont Il with my wife and 2 young kids. In 2005 I started and owned a real estate renovation company for 2 years until the market went south.

Since then I've been looking into opportunities in business that would best suit my goals and dreams. After a couple years of research while holding down a fulltime job, I found Commercial cleaning as the best fit for me. It was a service business that required more techique than skill and more sales and customer service then inventory.

In a chance happening I was able to move from a sales rep at my current job, into a shift lead position in housekeeping. After 2 years of learning and actually improving some aspects of the department. I feel now is the perfect time to explore starting my own mid-sized cleaning company

I have maganged to save about $5000 to get things going. I plan to do the work myself with 1 or 2 PT employees until things can grow and I can become more admin than labor.

Ive ordered my website and sent off my incorporation papers. I would love to hear some words of encouragement or some advice from someone who has started their own business (cleaning or not) that I may not have considered.

Also if anyone locally can recommend an insurance company with good rates, a janitoral company that might sub out work to a newbie and maybe give an opinion if showing up at the door or phone cold calling works best in obtaining new clients?

Thank you in advance,
    Mancill
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2010, 07:44 PM
    Hi, Mancill!

I find it to be admirable that you're striking out on your own! Especially with the economy being the way that it is.

I have a number of small businesses that I run. Most of my new business comes from free ads that I've placed on the Internet.

If you're interested in how to do that, please let me know on this thread.

Thanks!
    HBF Posts: 86, Reputation: 4

Jan 30, 2010, 01:05 PM

Hi Mancill,

It looks like you have all your ducks in a row, know what you want and how to achieve it, have the experience and have the money to do so!!

You are off to a great start!!

I wish you much success!!
    MancillChicago Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2010, 09:06 AM

@HBF

Thank you for the encouragement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cleaning the hard plastic rim of above ground pool [ 1 Answers ]

What type solution is safe for cleaning and protecting the hard plastic rim of my above ground pool?

Above ground pool cleaning [ 2 Answers ]

We have rented a house with an above ground pool. The owners let it get nasty. The bottom has sludge and debris. We put 3 envelopes of shock and 3 bottles of clorox in it and it actually started to look a LITTLE better, hoever the bottom is nasty. Can we get in the pool and use a wet vac to get...

Cleaning business [ 2 Answers ]

How do I get started for a cleaning business?

Cleaning business [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to start a cleaning business. How do I get started? INS. BONDS, LICENSE ECT.

Cleaning business [ 2 Answers ]

Im a young lady from nottingham and I want to start my own cleaning business asap but I don't have money. I have heard that you can start by just getting your cleaning products. Is this true? Could any 1 give me a number for any where that could help me? Please let me no bearring in mind I'm rom...

View more questions Search