Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Siinnderella Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2006, 11:31 AM
    Confused... and anxious
    Hi, I'm new to this forum...actually I've never even been to any pregnancy forums until I just started to investigate the implantion bleeding.... This is what happend to me.... 11 -12days ago I knew my period was due soon... I woke up and just spotted a tiny amount of pink..goo just enough to make me think...well my period is on its way... then it was gone... the next day the same thing... Just slight pinkish and only a very small amount...then it was gone... after that I was kinda thinking to myself....that was the wierdest thing...I've never seen my period give me a preview then disapear....It usually goes from light straight to heavy...but has never completely disapeared.... I was concerned about it but kind of just passed it off as maybe its just acting wierd...stress and all.... Even though I have been extrememly regular in getting it ever since it started... Well....I of course had been talking about it with my fiance...even when it happend i thought it was strange because it was so little and just pink...not like the usual bloody mess that it can be...(sorry if too vivid) I told my mom about it....as we are very close....she imediately made me take a HPT... that was about 3 days after my last spotting... The test said negative...so I wasn't worried... It was one of those 99.9 % accurate tests...thats what it said anyways.... Then my fiance started to research it online..and found all this information about implantation bleeding... Neither of us had ever heard of it....( I'm really proud of him for researching it)Alot of the information I have read now about it....sounds very similar to what I had happen to me.... I'm just wondering now...If I could have took the HPT too soon.. I know some women do get a negative the first few tests...even though they may be positive... Well...I'm not going to mention it to the rest of the family yet.... I think I will wait a little while longer and try to retest.... I just kind of need to talk about it somewhere....I'm feeling so anxious and just about to burst...not knowing... I'm glad to have found a place where other people have heard of this.
    macawcrazy Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2006, 01:44 PM
    Isn't this insane? I spotted today got a very light flow, and then spotted again and stopped. Took a test and it was negative. So I don't know what to think. All I know is that I have really put on a LOT of weight, and my jeans are tight in the tummy area. So what should I do? Give it a few more weeks, wait and see what happens next month? Is it safe to say I'm not pregnant?
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 5, 2006, 06:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by macawcrazy
    isnt this insane? i spotted today got a very light flow, and then spotted again and stopped. took a test and it was negative. so i dont know what to think. all i know is that i have really put on a LOT of weight, and my jeans are tight in the tummy area. so what should i do? give it a few more weeks, wait and see what happens next month? is it safe to say im not pregnant?
    Dear, did you have a chance to check out the sites I posted earlier? If not then here they are again. Also remember, when in doubt - always see your doctor..

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sym...gnancy/PR00102 scroll down and even get answers on flying while pregnant, exercise, dangers, etc.
    http://www.epigee.org/pregnancy/symptoms.html

http://www.askdramy.com The U.K. online doctor.you can post on a forum, or 'ask the Dr. Amy' with a click. The FAQ Tab on the homepage is also a good place to click and has a lot of good subject matter. P.S. Most of the articles are printable in PDF format, also has some good illustrations.
    Keep us posted. You can also read the *.pdf documents on Fish Diet and Exercise I sent a previous poster, just by clicking on them.

Any and all links and documents can be looked at by anyone of you, not just the individual I sent them to. So, again, good luck, and get reassured. Remember to see the doc.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 5, 2006, 06:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Siinnderella
    Hi, I'm new to this forum...actually I've never even been to any pregnancy forums until I just started to investigate the implantion bleeding.... This is what happend to me.... 11 -12days ago I knew my period was due soon... I woke up and just spotted a tiny amount of pink..goo just enough to make me think...well my period is on its way... then it was gone... the next day the same thing... Just slight pinkish and only a very small amount...then it was gone... after that I was kinda thinking to myself....that was the wierdest thing...I've never seen my period give me a preview then disapear....It usually goes from light straight to heavy...but has never completely disapeared.... I was concerned about it but kind of just passed it off as maybe its just acting wierd...stress and all.... Even though I have been extrememly regular in getting it ever since it started... Well....I of course had been talking about it with my fiance...even when it happend i thought it was strange because it was so little and just pink...not like the usual bloody mess that it can be...(sorry if too vivid) I told my mom about it....as we are very close....she imediately made me take a HPT... that was about 3 days after my last spotting... The test said negative...so I wasn't worried... It was one of those 99.9 % accurate tests...thats what it said anyways.... Then my fiance started to research it online..and found all this information about implantation bleeding... Neither of us had ever heard of it....( I'm really proud of him for researching it)Alot of the information I have read now about it....sounds very similar to what I had happen to me.... I'm just wondering now...If I could have took the HPT too soon.. I know some women do get a negative the first few tests...even though they may be positive... Well...I'm not going to mention it to the rest of the family yet.... I think I will wait a little while longer and try to retest.... I just kind of need to talk about it somewhere....I'm feeling so anxious and just about to burst...not knowing... I'm glad to have found a place where other people have heard of this.
    Hi, and welcome to the forum. Hope you get some benefits out of our little family and get reassured. Not many women knew about implantation bleeding - it was just there, and it's really nothing serious. My mother claimed she had her 'period' until the day I was born, so you see, each of us is different. Please see your doctor if you have any doubts, and check out the following sites. Wish you lots of luck, and keep us posted.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sym...gnancy/PR00102 scroll down and even get answers on flying while pregnant, exercise, dangers, etc.

http://www.askdramy.com The U.K. online doctor.you can post on a forum, or 'ask the Dr. Amy' with a click. The FAQ Tab on the homepage is also a good place to click and has a lot of good subject matter. P.S. Most of the articles are printable in PDF format, also has some good illustrations.

Nothing beats a doctor's appointment for reassurance and also to get the proper prenatal care and vitamins.

Jan 5, 2006, 09:49 AM
    Its easier said then done to see a doctor when you have money and insurance, when you don't, your screwed.

I haven't started my new job yet, I start orientation Monday, and tues and have to get a schedule after that, then I have to work 3 months until I get insurance. I have a college education and have had a hard time getting a job. So seeing a doctor right now isn't in my budget.

I did go through the sites, emailed one of the doctors there and haven't heard anything back

With a negative pregnancy test, I'm really not worried about it. I'm going to see what happens next month with my period, I have heard these are signs of menopause. Especially with the weight gain.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 5, 2006, 11:46 AM
    Menopause of not Menopause
    Quote Originally Posted by macawcrazy
    its easier said then done to see a doctor when you have money and insurance, when you don't, your screwed.

I haven't started my new job yet, I start orientation Monday, and tues and have to get a schedule after that, then I have to work 3 months until I get insurance. I have a college education and have had a hard time getting a job. So seeing a doctor right now isn't in my budget.

I did go through the sites, emailed one of the doctors there and haven't heard anything back

With a negative pregnancy test, I'm really not worried about it. I'm going to see what happens next month with my period, I have heard these are signs of menopause. Especially with the weight gain.
    Dear, you are a little too young to be in the menopausal stage, there could be many other reasons. Here are some statistics and also some articles that might help explain what you are going through if you are not pregnant. But your symptoms could be pregnancy related and I would suggest that you at least 'prepare' yourself with proper nutrition, exercise and caution of what you eat or drink, or even smoke, until you are certain of what your condition is.

Hope these help.
    Menopause, sometimes referred to as "the change" or "change of life," occurs when a woman's body no longer releases eggs, and her ovaries substantially reduce production of the hormones estrogen and progesterone. It is marked by the absence of a menstrual period for 12 consecutive months

In most cases, menopause occurs when a woman is between 45 to 55 years old, although for various reasons it can happen much earlier or later. For instance, women who have a hysterectomy (surgical removal of the uterus) to treat cancer or endometriosis may experience premature menopause, called surgical or induced menopause.

Menopause often triggers symptoms that may cause women discomfort, including hot flashes, moods swings, vaginal dryness, night sweats, heart palpitations, abnormal vaginal bleeding or spotting and osteoporosis.

Perimenopause
    The stage before menopause is called perimenopause. Many women have erratic menstrual cycles during this time, which can make the exact date of menopause difficult to pinpoint.

Menopause is often confirmed by a test that detects the level of FSH in a woman's blood. FSH is made in the pituitary gland in the brain and circulates in the blood to stimulate the ovaries to make estrogen and progesterone during a woman's reproductive years. Once the ovaries stop making estrogen and progesterone, the pituitary gland compensates by making more FSH. FSH levels greater than 25 to 40 mIU/ml (milli–international units per millimeter) are a sign of menopause
    HRT is the most common form of treatment for menopause. It involves taking synthetic estrogen or a combination of estrogen and synthetic progesterone, known as progestin. Benefits of HRT include reduced hot flashes, relief of vaginal dryness, slowing of bone loss and alleviation of mood swings and depression.

Women with certain health conditions should not take HRT. Conditions of concern include pregnancy, breast or uterine cancer, liver disease and/or a history of heart attack, blood clots or stroke.

Osteoporosis is a disorder in which the bones lose mass and density. It occurs naturally as a part of aging and may especially affect women during and after menopause. This is because a reduction in a woman's estrogen levels deprives her of the hormone's ability to protect against bone loss.

According to the National Osteoporosis Foundation, an estimated 44 million Americans – or 55 percent of the population over age 55 – are at risk for osteoporosis. At present, 10 million Americans have been diagnosed with the condition. Of that group, 8 million are women.
    According to the National Osteoporosis Foundation, half of women and one–quarter of men over age 50 will have an osteoporosis–related fracture during their lifetime. The condition is responsible for over 1.5 million fractures in the United States each year, including approximately 700,000 vertebral fractures, 300,000 hip fractures and 250,000 wrist fractures.
    If it's not menopause, check the following - it will explain some other conditions you might have depending on your past history. Unfortunately, without a doctor - all this is just guesswork and you need the reassurance - maybe see a free clinic or a nurse. Hope things work out for you. Good luck, and please keep us posted.
    P.S. Read the PDF attachment on Hot Flashes - I guess the Menopause Document was too large, so I'll work on it and send that soon too.

http://obgyn.healthcentersonline.com...ovarianhealth/
    Causes of Premature Ovarian Failure - POF

Wishing you health and a positive attitude, Chery
    Sometimes when we think of the worst, we get pleasantly surprised by the best news.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Hot Flashes.pdf (167.2 KB, 198 views)
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 5, 2006, 11:58 AM
    Menopause
    macawcrazy:

http://obgyn.healthcentersonline.com....cfm?artid=396

The Summary on Menopause was too large to send as a PDF document, however, here's the site and it's in printable view, so you can print it out yourself, or just read it.

I'm sure you are not in that stage yet, and hope your condition gets better soon.

Keep in touch and let us know how you're doing.

Jan 5, 2006, 02:41 PM
    Thank you for your help! I will be careful until I found out what happens next month. I will also test again next month if I need too, I did get 2 tests, clear blue easy with the ones that state not pregnant or pregnant, it was on sale for $13 at walgreens, I liked the certainty of it!
    Lola Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2006, 06:44 PM
    Hopeful and trying
    Hi Siinnderalla and all ladies out there trying to conceive. I am new to this forum as weel and I was looking real hard before I found it. Sooooo relived to hear that there are so many women with similar questions and concerns. As for myself and my significant other. We have been trying to procreate for 11 months now, where as I had a misscarrage last April. Since then we have been trying religiously every month. So this month my period is due the 12th or 14th of this month, Jan. Not sure by a couple of days, being that I spotted with intercource last month two days before my period was due. By the way... Can any one give me feed back on that? Does spotting with intercource count if it goes away right after and comes back as a period days later? What day do you count as day 1 of your cycle?
    So back to this month... I've been having slight faint pinkish discharge. Not visible unless I vipe real deep. Having all the other symptomes of pregnancy. Cramps, headace,bloating and food cravings... Any one?
    Lola. :)
    aNgeLbAby575 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2006, 10:03 PM
    Implantation bleeding
    I experienced the same thing a couple of weeks before I found I was preganant... I did a lot of research and it was deff implantation bleeding.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 12, 2006, 09:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lola
    Hi Siinnderalla and all ladies out there trying to conceive. I am new to this forum as weel and I was looking real hard before I found it. Sooooo relived to hear that there are so many women with similar questions and concerns. As for myself and my significant other. We have been trying to procreate for 11 months now, where as I had a misscarrage last April. Since then we have been trying religiously every month. So this month my period is due the 12th or 14th of this month, Jan. Not sure by a couple of days, beeing that I spotted with intercource last month two days before my period was due. By the way... Can any one give me feed back on that? Does spotting with intercource count if it goes away right after and comes back as a period days later? What day do you count as day 1 of your cycle?
    So back to this month...I've been having slight faint pinkish discharge. Not visable unless I vipe real deep. Having all the other symptomes of pregnancy. Cramps, headace,bloating and food cravings...Any one?
    Lola. :)
    Hi. Welcome to the forum.
    First and foremost, when in doubt - Always see your doctor.
    Second, Take a EPT or HPT, even though they might be negative does not mean your not.
    Also, since trying so hard to get PG, make sure that you and your other half don't use the sauna or hot whirlpool too often - as when the prostrate is heated, it produces less sperm and it takes 72 hours at least to produce viable sperm - so the 'cooler' the better for those 'little swimmers' to get strong enough to become 'supermen' during ejaculation. Check the other sites for more help if you need it, and always come back to us for more, if you need it.
    http://www.babyfit.com/register.asp

www.askdramy.com The U.K. online doctor.you can post on a forum, or 'ask the Dr. Amy' with a click. The FAQ Tab on the homepage is also a good place to click and has a lot of good subject matter. P.S. Most of the articles are printable in PDF format.
    Good luck, and keep us posted.

Jan 12, 2006, 02:47 PM
    Hi there Cherry, thanks for the sound advice. Health and food/our eating habits are a o.k. Love going to the sauna, how ever, here in the NYC it's a rearety...
    Maybe when we visit Skandinavia... Yea, the ept's are not so accurate all the time. Tried this morning. Neg, though my temp. is up @ 98.8F and no sign of my perion and minimal to no brown discharge... Time will tell.
    L.:)
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 13, 2006, 11:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lola
    Hi there Cherry, thanks for the sound advice. Health and food/our eating habits are a o.k. Love going to the sauna, how ever, here in the NYC it's a rearety...
    Maybe when we visit Skandinavia...Yea, the ept's are not so accurate all the time. Tried this morning. Neg, though my temp. is up @ 98.8F and no sign of my perion and minimal to no brown discharge...Time will tell.
    L.:)
    You're right, time will tell. Please make sure that you check on those sites and/or with your doctor to make sure that saunas are safe and how frequently you can use them. Slight colored discharge is usually normal as long as it's only pinkish or a redish color - green, and brown with odor is an indication to see your doctor ASAP! Again, good health, and good luck.

Jan 17, 2006, 09:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chery
    You're right, time will tell. Please make sure that you check on those sites and/or with your doctor to make sure that saunas are safe and how frequently you can use them. Slight colored discharge is usually normal as long as it's only pinkish or a redish color - green, and brown with odor is an indication to see your doctor ASAP! Again, good health, and good luck.

Hi Cherry, got my period today. 7 days late. We will keep trying. Thinking about getting the Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor. Any sugrestions? Any one?
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Jan 17, 2006, 10:24 AM
    Fertility moniter
    I've found this site helpful you may want to try it out first.
    www.fertilityfriend.com

I'm now about 5wks along... I hope it's a boy
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 17, 2006, 04:00 PM
    Before going out and spending a lot for money of gadgets, look up the site Myth mentioned, and also some 'ovulation calendars' online. Also check with your doctor, and, if your other half takes hot showers and saunas a lot, tell him to take it easy on that department for a while, as the scrotum does it's best production of healthy and stronger sperm when kept cool. Some people forget those little things and spend lots of money for fertility tests, and other things. Mother nature has basic rules for the bodies, and you just have to educated yourself in the natural way of things sometimes.

Better luck next time, and please keep us posted.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 17, 2006, 04:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    I've found this site helpful you may want to try it out first.
    www.fertilityfriend.com

I'm now about 5wks along.... I hope it's a boy
    Nice site, thanks Myth. It even has a nice ebook called Fertility Friend Handbook that can be downloaded in PDF format.
    P.S. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's a healthy boy, just for you!

Jan 18, 2006, 10:46 PM
    Well it helped me a lot. They also have a sister site for when you concive to track your pregnant. I'm almost at 5wks now and I'm about ready to sleep for the next 5 I'm sooooo exhausted. Lol... good luck everyone. Here's another good one.
    www.mymonthlycycles.com
    You can set up emails to tell you when your late and everything... it's cool.
    Siinnderella Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2006, 03:51 PM
    Just checking in... Ive no idea if what I had was implantation bleeding or just a kooky period... It indeed was the strangest period Ive ever seen and was so short... I almost wondered if I imagined it... but I know I didn't... So now this is January... I've been waiting to see If my period would catch up... I know I am due this week... usually towards the end of the month for me... everyday I wait... but nothing... I haven't taken any home pregnant. Tests since earlier in the month... I don't really want to take any more... as they were all negative... surely one of them would have read + if I was pregnant... anyhow... Im just over here patiently waiting for aunt flow to show up... I've been really regular my whole life... so I don't know what's going on...
    Baby dust to you all that are trying.
    ~ Siinnderella ~

Jan 25, 2006, 07:25 PM
    Siinnderella,
    I would try taking another hpt. It might have been that they were just taken too early. Totally up to you though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Implantation bleeding or period? [ 34 Answers ]

Hi... this is my first time posting on here. I have a 2 year old, we had to go to a fertility clinic to conceive (it was on my end for the problems). But everything got straightened out (surgery). Now we are trying again and it is just so different without help. My ovulation was between the 3rd...

Preggy soon after M/C? Implantation bleeding or period? HELP! [ 2 Answers ]

Could it be possible? Just around three weeks ago I had a miscarriage, though I think it happened a week before I actually started bleeding. Is there is any way that my miscarriage bleeding could have been my period? It did last just as long as my reggy periods do (3-4 days) Im getting all the...

Is it implantation bleeding or period [ 4 Answers ]

I had light bleeding for three days on and off no cramping and I usually have cramps and this was three days after my missed period just want to know when is it OK to test for hpt or was it just my period

Implantation Bleeding or Period? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. My last period was on July 2nd and I had sex durning my ovulation. I was suppose to start my period yesterday {July 29th} and today when I got up I noticed a small amount of brownish blood on my panties. Then around the end of the day it turned kind of red, and there was more of it. But now...

Implantation bleeding or period? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, so this is the most different feeling I have ever gotten around a period. I am shameful to say that the last 2 weeks ago I had what seemed like unprotected sex with someone I used to date a longg time ago. This was a one night stand which I neverr do but I was a little under the influence. ...

View more questions Search