Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flamingo1234 Posts: 75, Reputation: -1

Jan 28, 2010, 04:20 PM
    New Apple iPad
    So I saw the iPad Keynote on Apples website, what does everyone think about it? Is it worth buying when it comes out, or is it better to wait like with the iPhone.
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Feb 1, 2010, 07:51 AM

I think it will have a good run it is like a iPhone or a iPod touch with a real screen. It will more than likely be the killer device in the eReaders. All your books the web email and movies in one device, it will do well

Feb 2, 2010, 02:37 PM

I like the whole idea of it, but maybe just not that it is running iPod/iPhone software. I think Apple should put in some USB ports, change to Leopard, and add flash capabilitys. It is a good deal, a Kindle is $249, and a 10-inch DVD player is a LOT!! this is only $500 for the base model, and it does that plus a lot more.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2010, 02:51 PM

No Thanks I'll wait until March when the Nokia N900 unlocked GSM version comes out. It does so much more then this oversized POS. It isn't even wide screen it is 4:3. I'm sure all the fan boys love it but real nerds and geeks like me know that it is a pointless device.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Feb 2, 2010, 04:14 PM

I think waiting wouldn't be a bad move. Apple is known for releasing upgraded versions within a year after releasing the original model of a new device. I'm sure once the see the consumer responses to the iPad and see what people want to see in future generations, they'll release something with a few more features. I doubt it will ever run OSX, though.

Feb 3, 2010, 05:38 AM

It's isn't really powerful enough to run OSX with it's small memory. I heard Google is working with HTC to come out with a new tablet, I won't buy the iPad until I hear more about that.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2010, 05:53 AM
    Big no thanks. Totally DRM'ed to Apple apps only, no webcam, a whole list of uselessness.

Feb 3, 2010, 05:58 AM

I agree, it needs a webcam.
    atr2the1 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2010, 03:44 AM

We will see when it comes out. I be attending the Macworld later this week. If you interested message me back and I let you know what I think. I am tech/consultant.
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Feb 13, 2010, 01:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    No Thanks I'll wait until March when the Nokia N900 unlocked GSM version comes out. It does so much more then this oversized POS. It isn't even wide screen it is 4:3. I'm sure all the fan boys love it but real nerds and geeks like me know that it is a pointless device.
    It is not a geek nerd toy it is a ebook reader +
    It being an Apple device there will be some type of shaft given to early adopters. It is the first device that will be capable of delivering colour graphics and additional multi media to the ebook market can you say anatatable $5o college textbooks eventually with video and audio. The text books for the whole quarter weigh less tan tour notebooks email, music videos.
    OK so I will have to repair them for sure and no I will not get on for myself(more than likely I will be issued one ) but I do need to get back on the good side of the mother-in-law so I will buy one for sure.
    Still I would like a good GBNU/Linux slate
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2010, 07:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cmeeks View Post
    Still I would like a good GBNU/Linux slate
    Feast your eyes on this: The iTablet: An iPad alternative that multitasks, has a webcam, and runs Windows 7 or Linux ? Cell Phones & Mobile Device Technology News & Updates | Geek.com
    :)
    conman8888dud Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Apr 24, 2010, 07:46 PM

If you're thinking about getting one, wait until they get around to their third or forth release as there may be bugs. I America the ebook reader works fine, but in other parts of the world you can't use it. If you want a new phone, get an iPhone. If you want an ebook reader, you're better off to go with an Amazon Kindle.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2010, 07:56 PM

I heard it doesn't support flash, so no watching videos online :(, the games are all right and using it for portably writing is not as bad as you would think, plays media very well.

But to me it seems like one of the 'it' things to have as a sort of status symbol 'yeah I have an iPad, bask in my cool/hipness'

So to conclude, 'meh' there are other things that do better at the things it does that cost a lot less, i.e nintendo DS for games, or a laptop for surfing the web, word processing or watching films on the go.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Apr 24, 2010, 08:12 PM

The first generation is almost always a 'tester' of sorts for apple. They feel out the consumers and find out what they want to see in a device, then they release later generations with those capabilities.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

From the computers to iPad [ 3 Answers ]

How to transfer song to the iPad

Pc monitor to apple mac version 10.4.10, I have a apple monitor already connrcted [ 2 Answers ]

I have a PC monitor that I need to connect to my apple mac 10.4.10. I already have my cinema screen mac monitor connected but want to create a dual monitor environment (for editing on final cut pro)... there are two montior ports at the back... both slightly different.. the free port is slightly...

Apple wood [ 1 Answers ]

I have 1375 lbs of apple wood for smoking on a trailer wanting to sell it a bbq shack and was curious what I should sell it for... any body know what that's worth?

Apple does it again. [ 2 Answers ]

New Technology Announcement: Apple Computer announced today that it has developed a computer chip that can store and play high fidelity music in women's breast implants. The iTit will cost $499 or $599 depending on speaker size. This is considered to be a major breakthrough because women...

Apple or not? [ 8 Answers ]

I have a customer that wants a desktop to use primarily for video editing and production. What are your thoughts on an Apple vs an AMD 64 based one?

View more questions Search