Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sorryforthescar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2010, 11:06 AM
    Liquid in gas tank
    Went to the bar, when I got back there my friend started driving my car and said, wow your car is really messing up. The car was putting I guess you could say, it was rumbling kind of like rumbling up and down. I think from what I've read it was misfiring. Back to the story, when I got to a house to pick a girl up my we got out and checked the car, it wasn't coming from the engine. The check engine light was on, the exaust was coming out in intervals kind of like puff-- puff --puff with little breaks in between. I thought that maybe somethng was shoved in my exaust pipe and the car was trying to push it out. Nothing in there. Right before I was going to get in my car I saw dripping coming down the side of the car right under the gas cap. It dawned on me, someone put some form of liquid in my gas tank. Might have been beer, might have been water. Maybe someone pisssed in it. I don't know. It was putting the whole way home until the last 10 miles when it started running fine. Every now and then it starts putting again. Just got the oil changed like 3 weeks ago so its not an oil problem. I saw online that other people had this problem and people answered with "go get the oil changed" the car is just now at 100,000 miles, it's a jeep grand cherokee 2003. I take real good care of it. All I really want to know is what I should do about the problem. Like what would happen to the car in the worst case senerio if someone put a beer or 2 in the tank. Oh one more thing, the car ran the whole way home from the bar under a 1/4 tank of gas, got back fine. Haven't put more gas in yet, don't know if I should let it go and let it run through it or if I should go get the tank and check engine light checked out
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2010, 11:22 AM

. Check for codes.

. Change the fuel filter.

. Siphon the gas tank, if you're concerned enough.

. Install a lockable gas cap.
    sorryforthescar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2010, 07:17 PM
    Yeah but will the car be OK if I don't do all those things. I was at the bar on a Wednesday because I'm a poor college student who has to wait for beer specials to drink. So I don't want to have to do all that if I don't have to

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1994 ford f150 won't switch to front gas tank from rear tank [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 1994 ford f150 xl 4.9 straight v6 with dual gas tanks. When I try to switch over to the front tank from the rear tank the truck stalls out and won't start. Why is this and how can I fix this problem? <PS> even if I switch over before I even try starting the engine the truck still...

Convert gas grill with 20-lb tank to connect with 100-lb bulk tank [ 1 Answers ]

Presently have a portable gas grill with 20-lb tank. Want to connect it to the 100-lb propane tank that also provides fuel for the fireplace. When they placed tank, a fitting was placed on the tank so that the grill could be connected. Have seen hoses for connecting natural gas - can the same...

Convert gas grill with 20-lb tank to connect with 100-lb bulk tank [ 0 Answers ]

How to convert gas grill running off 20-lb tank to run off 100-lb bulk propane gas tank

Gas flow from front tank into rear tank on an F150 pickup [ 2 Answers ]

Help: I have an F150 2 whl drive pickup, manual transmission. Straight 6 cylinder. The gas flows from front tank into the rear tank. Not a huge problem, but when you fill both tanks, gas starts running out of the rear tank because the front one is still trying to fill the rear one. Gas mileage...

How many cubic feet of nitrogen gas could be generated from 1 gallon of liquid nitrog [ 4 Answers ]

How many cubic feet of nitrogen gas could be generated from 1 gallon of liquid nitrog

View more questions Search